Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone--

I have a 2008 Optima LX 6-cylinder with approx. 60,000 miles that has been a joy to own so far. Sometimes when driving and usually when I have the blower going somewhere between medium and high with the A/C on, the blower turns off. It stays off for somewhere between 1 and 3 seconds and then turns back on without a problem. It doesn't do this all the time, in fact I can't replicate it, as it seems to happen at random-- sometimes on long trips, sometimes on short ones. Adjusting the blower speed usually stops the problem. Sometimes when the air cuts back in it briefly blows warm before the A/C kicks back in.

This is more of an annoyance at this point, but I'd appreciate any thoughts on what the problem might be here.

Thanks,

Matt in Texas

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,415 Posts
Next time it quits, if it is safe to do so, reach down and tap on the motor as see if it starts again. It is right under the dash on the passenger side. It it starts running, you need a blower motor.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Mine does the same thing, usually in the morning. Turning the speed dial rapidly from slow to fast a few times usually fixes it. It may be dirt on the speed control wiper or the circuit board behind the knob may have a crack or dirty connectors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts