Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I love my 2011 Sorento, with my main complaint being that here are horrible blind spots.

My cousin has a Rav4, and was having the same issue and added some small mirrors to the vehicles existing driver-side and passenger-side external mirrors.

Does anyone have a suggestion on type/brand of these small adhesive type mirrors that are placed on the two existing external mirrors? I would like ones that adds to the external look of my Sorento, not detracts fom it. I noticed thy the 2014 commercial shows a warning system in that new version. If it has that and an automatic tailgate up/down, I will definitely think of an upgrade.

Until then, any suggestions that do not make me look 90 would be appreciated! :huh:

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
I got some from Pepboys that aren't too bad. I wanted some that were thinner, these are about half an inch thick, but oh well. Just go to your local store and see what you can find and let us know if you find any that actually look "good".

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento, 2015 Honda Pilot. 2004 Honda Element, 2013 Triumph Speedmaster
31 Posts
I've seen ones called Maxi View, which seem to be really good. May be a little more obtrusive then some smaller ones, though.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2003 Honda S2000
183 Posts
Also, I recommend watching this video on properly adjusting your mirrors:

Proper adjustment really should be enough for most people. I'm used to having full convex mirrors on my other vehicle so I properly adjusted my mirrors and still got the convex mirror for additional safety.

·
Registered
2011 Sorento EX AWD
251 Posts
I got two of the small, thin ones at Wal-Mart. Makes a huge difference in the visibility and not too ugly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ford and some others have the best idea, the spot mirror is actually imbedded in the factory mirror. Some even have a split mirror with convex and flat in the same frame. I am hoping some mirror company catches on to this and starts offering a thin frameless add on. I guess we can only hope. Also could use an after market remote tailgate release.

Pat

·
Registered
2011 Titanium Sorento SX - 39,000 miles since 03/2011
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ford and some others have the best idea, the spot mirror is actually imbedded in the factory mirror. Some even have a split mirror with convex and flat in the same frame. I am hoping some mirror company catches on to this and starts offering a thin frameless add on. I guess we can only hope. Also could use an after market remote tailgate release.

Pat
That would be great.

I read the 2014 model Sorento will have the auto tailgate lift, which I was also looking for.:cool:

·
Registered
Sorento Lx 2011 2 wd V-6
283 Posts

Pat
So true , my wife drives an Escape 2012 , at first it is a bit confusing ...
but soon one finds a real utility ...the mirror is so well integrated -perfect.

·
Registered
2006 Kia Sorento 3.5 5sp Auto
267 Posts
Just search around for a replacement convex mirror
I prucased ones that stick ontop of the current mirror. They are a little convex (barely notice) but the last about 15-20% of the mirror is very convex. No blind spot at all.

Go to a skoda dealer and just take a look at the side mirrors and you will get what i mean if you havent seen it before.

just google for 2011 kia sorento convex mirror.
I got mine of ebay from a place in the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts