Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have trouble to keep the black plastic bumper black? Mine is always looking dirty grey, I’ve tried but it end up grey again. The plastic looks porous end the dirt just soaks in. I have Sorento 2011.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
The best stuff for black plastic that's exposed to the sun is this:

303 Products, Inc.: 303 Aerospace Protectant

Available at any boat/marine store. Spray it on and wipe it off. It's also great for rubber and vinyl. I use it on my tires to give them a nice satin/shiny finish without looking greasy. I don't know about using it on leather, but I also use it on all internal plastics on car interiors. First discovered this stuff for use on my boat. The UV protection is pretty darned good.

Mothers also has a product called "Back to Black" which you can get at most automotive parts stores. It's cheaper, but it doesn't seem to last as long for me.

Best,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sauron, the Back to Black is easier to find so that is the one I'll start with, cheers. aliv77

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX 4cyl AWD 2012 Sorento EX V6
148 Posts
Thanks Sauron, the Back to Black is easier to find so that is the one I'll start with, cheers. aliv77
I'm also looking for an easy solution to this problem. I've tried Back to Black and you have to put a ton of it on, and it takes a lot of labor also. I also agree that it starts attracting dust rather quickly.

The old old Armor All was perfect, just a quick spray and wipe. But the new formula is useless.

I know there has to be a spray (perhaps that 303 stuff?) that the dealers and detailers use, because there's no way they spend the time that Back To Black takes.

Just to clarify, Back To Black is fine on small and thin black parts. But for the whole landscape of the Sorento body moldings and honeycomb grill and bumpers - forget it.

·
Registered
SORENTO 2012 V6 EX AWD SUNROOF MOONROOF
116 Posts
I just use Dash polish on the bumper, seems to last for a long time, well longer than the products made for the outside plastics.
The reason I ended up using it outside is because I noticed it was cherry flavor and the smell was overpowering.
I'll post the band if your interested.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just use Dash polish on the bumper, seems to last for a long time, well longer than the products made for the outside plastics.
The reason I ended up using it outside is because I noticed it was cherry flavor and the smell was overpowering.
I'll post the band if your interested.
Please do, I am interested, thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts