Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just bought a used Kia C'eed and the previous owner was a bit rough on the doors with chips running up and down them (I think it must have been hit of a wall or something!). The car dealer did some initial touch ups, but for my own piece of mind I will spend some time on them to build up the deep ones and try to retain the crisp door edge.

I know the paint is Machine Silver which is 9S for the body colour, but what color is the black of the door window pillar? Does it have a similar code or would any black do?

Regards
Emases

·
Registered
Ceed '3' 1.6 CRDI 114bhp 2012reg
114 Posts
Door edge protection

I have just bought a used Kia C'eed and the previous owner was a bit rough on the doors with chips running up and down them (I think it must have been hit of a wall or something!). The car dealer did some initial touch ups, but for my own piece of mind I will spend some time on them to build up the deep ones and try to retain the crisp door edge.

I know the paint is Machine Silver which is 9S for the body colour, but what color is the black of the door window pillar? Does it have a similar code or would any black do?

Regards
Emases
I purchased a new Ceed and the first thing I did was to go on an auction site e**y) and purchase a length of plastic door edge strip, cut to the length you need. Various colours available I believe and my black does not look out of place on my black car. It will save a lot of scratching as sods law dictates that my kids will at sometime open the doors onto a brick wall and scratch the door edges. Not so easy to fix on rear doors owing to door profile. Cheap investment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My car is silver, it is for the black part at the top of the door by the window. I asked one of the mobile chip repair companies and they were not interested (probably because I was not needing a panel resprayed or too much hassle). I have got a DIY kit for the silver to repair the chips in the panel to match the silver. I just wondered if there was a colour code for the black - or would some auto or hobby enamel paint do?

·
Registered
273 Posts
How about asking your Kia dealer or alternatively find a Kia approved body shop if your dealer does not have one. They will know.

·
Registered
KIA C'eed SW2 ecodynamic
64 Posts
I have a 61 plate ceed sw 2, thought i had a massive chip in my nearside B pillar. I looked more closely and discovered that the black around the window and the B pillars are NOT paint, but a vinyl overlay on the painted door frame. It will be interesting to see if this will be covered under warranty. I have no idea how something like this happened so high on the door. I am anal about the upkeep and where I park. Wonder how much re covering will be if not covered

1 - 5 of 5 Posts