Kia Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage SX
771 Posts
They are ultra high performance tires which do extremely well in the rain and light snow. On my last Mazda, they were the best all around tires I ever owned. Michelin Pilot Sports, which I've used in the past, are the best on dry pavement but not very good on light snow. Continental DWS are probably a tad bit better in rain and light snow but are noisier in my experience. So it depends on your goals. The Ventus is stickier in dry weather than the Conti... Those are the tires I've had in the past. They are all excellent...
I had the pilot sport a/s 3 on my 2013 genesis coupe with v6, they were great tires, but they wore down so fast it was crazy. I could only get 20,000 to 25,000 on a set and they were done. And usually I am the type that gets a lot of miles out of tires.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,056 Posts
I had the pilot sport a/s 3 on my 2013 genesis coupe with v6, they were great tires, but they wore down so fast it was crazy. I could only get 20,000 to 25,000 on a set and they were done. And usually I am the type that gets a lot of miles out of tires.
Yeah, wear is an issue with the Pilot Sports. Most ultra high performance tires have shorter lives because the primary objective of those tires is performance. The Ventus will give you longer life, but not as much as the regular high performance tires. Again, it depends on your objectives. Years ago on one of my Porsches I used Yoko A008's which are essentially track tires. They lasted 8,000 miles. However, cornering was absolutely amazing.

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
1,056 Posts
The specs on the wheels are 7Jx18 (7" width) with an ET 48.5 (offset) with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. It should fit any compact/mid-size car with the same bolt pattern and an offset of 45-50. The 7" width is on the narrow side so you shouldn't use it with a heavy or performance car. Several cars from Honda, Nissan, Toyota, Ford, FCA and Subaru use that bolt pattern. You are also going to be limited by the center bore size which is different for each manufacturer. You'll have to do some research (which I'm not going to do for you) for the center bore size. It will take some time to do that. If you buy aftermarket wheels for this car, it will usually be an 8" rim with a 45mm offset. Aftermarket wheels have slightly larger center bores and you use hub adapters to fit it to specific vehicles. Getting a hub adapter that fits this wheel might be problematic. Normally, when you sell OEM wheels, you let the buyer take the risk on center bore size. If you have another car in mind and it has a 5x114.3 bolt pattern, you can just try to put the wheel on the car and see how it fits. If the center bore is the same or smaller, it will fit. You can put this rim on a car with a smaller center bore without a hub centric ring, but if it is slightly off center, you will get vibrations. Good luck.

41 - 45 of 45 Posts