Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona 2.9CRDI
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, my Sedona had an inspection and got a big fail. It's a 2003 with 130,000 miles

Here is the list of fails:

• Oil leak that needs investigating and slow coolant leak
  • Both CV gaiters (not the first time these have split in my ownership)
  • Rust issues that need welding (o/s outer sill, some bits near suspension components)
  • O/s/r shock absorber.
  • Power steering issue, still drivable but its not the best experience, either something to do with the UJ or pump
  • Rear suspension arms corroded
  • Some of the brake pipes need doing / brakes binding
  • Handbrake efficiency below requirements
  • O/s/f, O/s/r wheel bearings
Also due other jobs like the standard oil / filter change, fuel filter change, brake pads are also getting low. I only had the cambelt water/pump done about a year or so ago. So given the age of the Sedona what would you do? Put more money & time into it and hope nothing more goes wrong like the clutch or gearbox etc, or give up? It's been a good car to me and never left me stranded & the size is great so tempting to try and keep it alive.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 2013 BMW K1600 GTL
11,248 Posts
DIY it might be viable, but if you don't DIY then I think you'd be paying a lot more than its worth and still have the risk of more costs and breakdowns.

Reactions: Lou O. and Koopa

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
1,063 Posts
I second Ron on this. She gave you good service for 17 years. If you can afford to it may be time to move on to a newer vehicle. Euro and Asian mandatory inspections are a lot tougher than in the US and costly, I am led to believe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts