Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX V6 AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Sorento EX AWD V6. The factory tires have around 45,000 miles, and I am looking to replace them with all-season tires. Research on Tire Rack and other sites show that the BF Goodrich Advantage T/A Sport LT have good reviews overall.
Just wondering if anyone has these tires, and can provide an honest opinion about their experience. I am also considering the Michelin Premier LTX, but some reviews complain about the treadlife. I will be doing a good amount of highway driving. Thanks.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6
617 Posts
I have been really happy with our General RT 43s. CU and Tire Rack rated them highly and they are reasonably priced.

·
Registered
Sorento LX V6 2018
523 Posts
I have been really happy with our General RT 43s. CU and Tire Rack rated them highly and they are reasonably priced.
Ditto - I have them in the exact same size as our Sorento on my 4Runner and they are very impressive tire, especially if you can catch a General rebate and a sale.

·
Registered
2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg
196 Posts
I have the aitimax rt43 on my Hyundai Elantra gt hatchback now for about 4 years. Last summer they were about half way worn. About 40k, mostly short trips on them. Last winter I got caught in a snowstorm with them on and I was really impressed with how well they did. They have always been good with ride comfort and wet traction. No experience with these on the sorento but for me on my hatchback they are excellent.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
800 Posts
My 2016 Sorento was factory equipped with Premier LTX tires. Traction in wet and dry conditions was excellent and they were very quiet. I only had 20,000 km on the vehicle when I traded it in. The tread wear was minimal.
I cant speak for the BF Goodrich tires you are considering but I have a set of ultra high performance BF Goodrich tires on my Mustang and they are awesome.
I have had bad experiences with Pirelli and Continental tires so they would not make my list of brands to consider.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 3.3L
71 Posts
I still have the original Hankook tires on my 2019. I run Michelins on my Ram 2500 and they have worked extremely well. Also ran them on both our Volvo awd wagons.

Not sure what I will replace the current set with, but the BFGs aren't going to be in the running as I don't feel the value is there

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SX AWD w/Technology Package
13 Posts
Two suggestions:

First, since you have an AWD model, get a four wheel alignment as soon as possible once the tires are mounted. This is a must-do if you want max treadlife from any set of tires and even wear. If they offer the option of a road-force tire balance, it is worth checking out as well.

Two, have you considered the Kumho Crugen tire? Tire Rack isn't high on it, but just about everyone, including Consumer Reports, is. May not have the panache of a Michelin, the pizazz of a Pirelli, but they roll quiet, handle all season weather well, and last a while from most reports.

Best of luck on your purchase!

·
Registered
2017 Sorento LX AWD V6
29 Posts
Nothing wrong with BFGoodrich (Which is part of Michelin BTW, mostly made in the USA). They make some of the best tires out there.

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 3.3L
71 Posts
Nothing wrong with BFGoodrich (Which is part of Michelin BTW, mostly made in the USA). They make some of the best tires out there.
Not when I sold them. Their carcass construction was mediocre at best. Plenty of companies put more R&D into their tire lines. Just because they are part owned by Michelin does not mean they have the same technology/quality.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SX Turbo AWD (sold)
800 Posts
Not when I sold them. Their carcass construction was mediocre at best. Plenty of companies put more R&D into their tire lines. Just because they are part owned by Michelin does not mean they have the same technology/quality.
They've been wholly owned by Michelin since 1990. And they make great tires now.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
878 Posts
I put a set of the exact BFG's on my Chevy Cruze. Good tire, with 70K tread life and very good traction in various weather conditions. Sold the Chevy the following year for the Kia....bad habit I can't seem to break. You won't be dissatisfied with them....

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX V6 AWD
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the replies. I have not decided what tires to buy yet. I have the Altimax RT43's on my '05 Odyssey and my '14 CR-V. I agree they are a great tire - especially for the price. For the '18 Sorento, since I am not the primary driver of the vehicle, I am looking for an all-season tire that will provide more of a quiet, comfortable ride, (I found the RT43's to ride more stiff) yet still provide good snow traction. I will take a look at the Kumho Crugens as well.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX V6
617 Posts
Strange, RT43s are one of the better all seasons in the snow and I have found them to be very quiet and ride nicely while providing good handling. Not sure what would be much better. Maybe some Michelin Premiers? :unsure:

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL-Turbo
153 Posts
Strange, RT43s are one of the better all seasons in the snow and I have found them to be very quiet and ride nicely while providing good handling. Not sure what would be much better. Maybe some Michelin Premiers? :unsure:
I have the Michelin premier’s while they perform well the tread life is not particularly good. I spoke with a technician at Costco and he’s very familiar with the poor tread life associated with these tires. He mentioned that so many people have experienced this problem that he recommended calling Michelin and they are giving some type of an allowance. He recommended the BF goodrich tires as per the OP.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
1,307 Posts
The OEM tires for the SXL for 16 were Michelin LTX (H speed version). 60K mile rating. So far wearing well at 40K (they'll make the 60K, I'll bet), decent traction in muddy bogs where I shouldn't have gone, really good on water, and quiet. No complaints. Big-O is offering them at $203 each at the moment, better than Tire Rack. Had one front tire get ruined (not the tire's fault) and had to buy a pair - that's the only reason I know the current local price.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts