Kia Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to vent and warn potential customers about these visors, specifically the seller. Do not for any reason buy these window rain visors from this seller on Ebay.

Smoke Window Vent Visors Rain Guards for Kia 2012 Rio Pride 5DOOR Hatchbag | eBay

Everything that could be wrong with this transaction has gone wrong. First the rain visors they sent me don’t even fit my Kia Rio 5 HB. I should’ve known that they make bad products when they spell hatchback, hatchBAG. Second, they did a horrible job packaging the product when they sent it to me. They decided that cutting the box down would probably save them a few bucks through shipping. This instead made the box extremely flimsy and that’s what I needed coming from Korea. When I opened my rain visors 2 of the 4 were badly scratched. Basically making them trash, not even worth putting on even if they did fit. The product itself is crudely made with rough uneven edges that look extremely cheap. In the process of trying to get my money back, they tried to tell me I don’t own a hatchback and that I need to compare the picture to my car. I’ve sent pictures of my car, the damage and one showing the visors don’t fit. Thank god I only spent $38 which I’ll get back from my credit card company. The moral of the story is, you pay for what you get and I need to buy these from a more reliable seller. Anyone have a good seller for 2013 Kia Rio 5 rain visors?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
Visors stop rain/objects coming in your windows when you have them down slightly (pointless on the objects thing as apparently our windows will go up if an object does go in) and buffers some of the wind at higher speeds. Less glare from sun too.

OP: I give you a little lesson in Karma...

Be very careful when jumping on forums and attacking sellers/retailers. Most of them will work things out with you if act reasonably with them. Act like a little 2year old throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming and karma will work against you.

Please note that most of the Korean retailers you do see on Ebay speak Shopping English at best. English is not their first language. Also many of them are just a shop; they dont make the products themselves and most times will ship items as-is (from how they got it).

Second this:

Second, they did a horrible job packaging the product when they sent it to me. They decided that cutting the box down would probably save them a few bucks through shipping. This instead made the box extremely flimsy and that’s what I needed coming from Korea. When I opened my rain visors 2 of the 4 were badly scratched. Basically making them trash, not even worth putting on even if they did fit.
The volume of package has not changed. Its still a rectangle. Volume is length x width x height and from that photo supplied neither has been altered to affect the overall volume. The package has that curve in it to limit the amount of movement the items inside will have during transit and lowers the risk of heavy damage if something is placed on top of it. Movement causes scratches. The bigger the box the easier it is for the item to be crushed in shipping. With the cardboard more closer to the items inside it creates a snug fit that limits the amount of damage that could happen.

Check the plastic bags the visors came in. Are they scratched/torn? If they are then it most likely has come from rubbing from movement inside the box. If not then maybe the sellers supplier has sent out faulty product. Check to see if the scratches can be washed off (mould release agent still on the product; very common).

Some of us here have dealt with that eBay retailer and have had no problems. Sort your issue out with the seller before attacking them. They will see this and not be very co-operative with you.

Ive seen it time and time again involving many different cars; angry customer comes on, bad mouths the company, attempts to stop further business happening with that company and jumps from forum to forum. Karma catches up to them and bites them hard on the ass.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
I recently installed a set from that same brand on a new Optima, and while they did fit, they were not the highest quality product. They were shipped in the same box as yours but also inside another box, so maybe that's why they weren't damaged.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Visors stop rain/objects coming in your windows when you have them down slightly (pointless on the objects thing as apparently our windows will go up if an object does go in) and buffers some of the wind at higher speeds. Less glare from sun too.

Be very careful when jumping on forums and attacking sellers/retailers. Most of them will work things out with you if act reasonably with them. Act like a little 2year old throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming and karma will work against you.

Please note that most of the Korean retailers you do see on Ebay speak Shopping English at best. English is not their first language. Also many of them are just a shop; they dont make the products themselves and most times will ship items as-is (from how they got it).

Second this:

The volume of package has not changed. Its still a rectangle. Volume is length x width x height and from that photo supplied neither has been altered to affect the overall volume. The package has that curve in it to limit the amount of movement the items inside will have during transit and lowers the risk of heavy damage if something is placed on top of it. Movement causes scratches. The bigger the box the easier it is for the item to be crushed in shipping. With the cardboard more closer to the items inside it creates a snug fit that limits the amount of damage that could happen.

Check the plastic bags the visors came in. Are they scratched/torn? If they are then it most likely has come from rubbing from movement inside the box. If not then maybe the sellers supplier has sent out faulty product. Check to see if the scratches can be washed off (mould release agent still on the product; very common).

Some of us here have dealt with that eBay retailer and have had no problems. Sort your issue out with the seller before attacking them. They will see this and not be very co-operative with you.

Ive seen it time and time again involving many different cars; angry customer comes on, bad mouths the company, attempts to stop further business happening with that company and jumps from forum to forum. Karma catches up to them and bites them hard on the ass.
This customer has clearly had a very crappy and frustrating experience with this transaction and needed to vent. I'm sure your lesson on karma has helped tremendously.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Second this:

First of all I’m not a kid trying to cry right away. You can’t give me a lecture on karma when you obviously don’t know what I’ve tried to go through to get them to give me a refund. I’ve gone through the troubles in sending them multiple pictures and emails only getting the response of I don’t own a hatchback and probably have a 4 door. If you look at the recent negative feedback that the seller has gotten you’ll realize that I’m not the only buyer having difficulties with them. I’ve put this thread up in hopes to warn other buyers to be weary of this seller.

I’ve checked the bag for damage and there isn’t any, neither does the box. The visors are damage beyond simply just wiping them off or buffing it. I’ve contacted the seller to get a refund for multiple reasons. They sent me the wrong visors I’m 100% sure of it. Neither the front nor rear fit and have the wrong shape to them. Also they’ve sent me a faulty product that has come damaged before it got here. Don’t know how much more clear this picture can get and it’s not me just complaining.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio SLS and 09 Mitsubishi Lancer
463 Posts
I have checked his feedback; in the last month 1 person left 4 negative feedback... Out of 369 feedback left, only 5 were bad and 2 were neutral. Over the last 6months it goes to 16 for negatives.

I have done business with him a few times and know his English is not that good. It has got better but its not fluent. How they respond to you also depends how you brought the issue up to them. When you start demanding things from them it usually gets you nowhere. If you keep things polite and simple they are more likely to help you out.

Karma lesson is not what your going through. Ive seen it happen to others that have done the exact same as you. Where did it get them? Absolutely nowhere. It got a few of them Cease & Desist notices sent to them.

That is where you need to be careful. When Cease & Desist notices are breached it usually ends up in court.

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 LX Manual, '15 ZX14R, Honda VFR800, Ducati 748, '87 Buick Grand National, '13 Subaru BRZ
101 Posts
Oh this is too good to not comment!

Act like a little 2year old throwing yourself on the floor kicking and screaming
You gave quite a lesson on Karma, but are you qualified? Seems you have some Karma coming back at you for your rude remarks...

·
Registered
2007 Suzuki SX4, 2012 Kia Rio5 SX
12 Posts
I just ordered a set from WeatherTech. These guards don't stick on with adhesive but rather lock into the window channel. I have not received them yet. I will let you know how they are after Friday. I really did not want to glue these things on as I have seen nightmares with the install and damage at times. They only have the screens for the 2 front doors and not for the back doors but that did not concern me..
I'll get back with you as soon as I have them!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I have the Window Visors & Hood protector from my Dealer supplied from Kia Canada .Great Quality & highly recommended.(And they are made right here in Calgary:))

·
Registered
2007 Suzuki SX4, 2012 Kia Rio5 SX
12 Posts
I just ordered a set from WeatherTech. These guards don't stick on with adhesive but rather lock into the window channel. I have not received them yet. I will let you know how they are after Friday. I really did not want to glue these things on as I have seen nightmares with the install and damage at times. They only have the screens for the 2 front doors and not for the back doors but that did not concern me..
I'll get back with you as soon as I have them!

Got the parts today... 15 minute install and fit perfectly.
No Adhesive needed as they lock into the window channel.
You have to wiggle them a bit to get them seated properly and follow the instructions! Happy with the purchase!

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Got the parts today... 15 minute install and fit perfectly.
No Adhesive needed as they lock into the window channel.
You have to wiggle them a bit to get them seated properly and follow the instructions! Happy with the purchase!
Would love to see how they look on your car. I have a white SX too. Pics would be great.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts