Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some winter tires for my 2006 Spec5. I'm swapping on 15" rims for the winter and will run 195-60/15 sized tires. Seen pretty good reviews on the Blizzak Revo 1 and Michelin X-Ice. Any other good options? It's snowy and icy here for about 5 months, so I need something better than the RS/A.

Thanks

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nothing against Nokians, but the only way you can get them around here is special order for big $$$$. Looking more for the mainstream selections that can be bought at a regular tire chain

·
Premium Member
6,129 Posts
On my sephia I had bridgestone winter force and they were real nice. Noian I can get all day for about 100 a tire. steep but they are the best.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sedona Winter Tires

I just had a new set of Cooper Snows put on my 2003 Sedona. I live in south-western Ontario, and found I had very poor traction in the recent snow storm, especially on unploughed roads. I'm having these tires ripped off and a different make put on. Prior to the Cooper's I had a set of Nokian's. Despite the fact that Nokian calls them all weather, and they're winter rated they didn't last long with summer driving, only got 65K out of them, then had 2 belts separate. Found that with the now fuzzy factory aluminum rims on the Sedona, the recommended pressure of 40 was hard to maintain, therefore I was told that driving at lower than recommended inflation and a problem with recurring poor alignment did my tires in.....Despite that, they were absolutely awesome in snow and ice, and especially driving through unploughed roads and snow drifts. I'm in the market for new snows, want Nokians, but am ticked off at the low mileage I got out of them, and the belt issue, but am being told that Michelin X-Ice winters are great on a sedona. I travel 75 kms each way to work, sometimes farm backroads and need excellent reliable grip. I need to do more research on the Michelins and am waiting to hear what others are using and their experiences are..... hope this helps..

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have Radial Snowtrackers i got them put on for 150 at walmart preety good suckers and there not studded and they still conquer any kind of snow or ice. I have them on my 99 KIA sephia and it go's through things like a jeep and u can get them studded to cause they got the holes for it. I live in the Rocky's so we get 3 feet almost and i never had problems going up hills or stopping you stop on a dime in the snow and ice it'll slow down i mean if u got studs you'll stop but for non studs the still handle ice like a champ the have really thick tread on them like they look like it belongs on a 4x4 but i dont care about looks cause they got nice ice spot zig zags on them extra tread on the side walls and goin threw a 2 foot barryied driveway isnt hard you just go right up the snow. :D

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Just bought a set of Michelin X-Ice snow tires for the Rio. I have the same kind on the Spectra. Like them so much that I had to go with them again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts