1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
28 Posts
Do you have the Sorento with the 3rd row seating? If so, those liners would have to be removed when using the 3rd row. I purchased mine for my 2018 directly from my Kia dealership, which folds when opening up the third row. It is also split to match the seats.

See this thread

https://www.kia-forums.com/2016-sorento/261770-cargo-mat-when-using-3rd-row-3.html

Note that i am in Canada...don't know if you have the same options available in the States.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I do have the 3rd row seat (I think all the Sorento versions now have the 3rd row now). I will never use the 3rd row, so a 1 piece liner is preferred.

On Amazon, the Maxpider is well reviewed, and reviewers like it better than the weatherTech. It also folds to use with the 3rd seat up.

As I'm reading more reviews, I'm really liking the Maxpider. The way it folds is nice too for storage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
My Smart-liner Cargo mat is awesome!

Smartliner Cargo Mat works for me! Great fit and excellent $$ & quality

·
Registered
10 Posts
Smartliner Cargo Mat works for me! Great fit and excellent $$ & quality
Same here! i have the complete set and love them but note that the rear cargo liner does not have the cutouts for the tie downs as pictured on their website.....easy enough to trim & i like having the big lip in case of a spill......Maxliner-usa dot com

·
Registered
111 Posts
The Maxpider mentioned above folds when the 3rd row is up.
Oh I missed that somehow thanks.
If you want the official KIA one that splits in the third row, people have had luck ordering it from Canada. Only available there for some reason.

https://www.kia-forums.com/1673986-post40.html#/topics/261770?page=5

https://shopaccessories365.com/KIA/K_52003/product-detail.php?prodId=387&ymmtId=68

It even has cutouts for the third row pull handles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the great responses!

I decided to go with the Maxpider. I like that it folds for storage, and that it is odor free (a big plus for me). The only possible disadvantage would be for someone who needs a high lip all around. On the Maxpider there is not a high lip where the fold is.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Those offer protection against humidity, but not much more. You talk about gardening season, so probably you will be loading hardware, material, plants, and so on.

In my case I took a different approach, I made a custom rear mat using foam mats from Walmart, it has protected my cargo area flawlessly when carrying materials to rebuild my backyard shed (wood, concrete blocks, and so on), it does a great job for grocery shopping and on camping trips.

I was going to add some pictures but couldn't, I had already posted the setup when I presented my Sorento, you can search for the thread: 326193-my-2017-sorento-lx-v6.html

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very NIce!

I see you have an electric cooler - I'm curious how you like it?
I really like the cooler, it's a Mobicool W45 (45 Liters), we bought it eight years ago, and still works perfectly. When going camping we use as an additional fridge in the pop up, it keeps vegetables and fruits fresh, I also use it when doing our groceries shopping in the summer, anyway I use it with at least two freeze packs inside. It's not a fridge/freezer, but it is up to our needs.

A couple of years ago I had to change the DC cable, there was a design flaw in 12V adaptor that goes to the car outlet, it was getting hot and the plastic was melting, the new adaptor has an improved design that addresses this issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very NIce!

I see you have an electric cooler - I'm curious how you like it?
BTW: my Sorento has a third row, the advantage with the mats I made is that you can unsnap one side, put it under the other one and raise one seat, when I need both I just unsnap everything and it takes almost no place in the back, it stays flat.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone have the Canvasback cargo liner ? It is more expensive than others but it covers the cargo area and the back of the third seat and back of second seat as well. It allows the 3rd row seats to be used without removing the liner.. canvasback dot com

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does anyone have the Canvasback cargo liner ? It is more expensive than others but it covers the cargo area and the back of the third seat and back of second seat as well. It allows the 3rd row seats to be used without removing the liner.. canvasback dot com
I considered it, but it leaves the gaps between the third row seats open, so any liquids drain right down in between.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks for all the great responses!

I decided to go with the Maxpider. I like that it folds for storage, and that it is odor free (a big plus for me). The only possible disadvantage would be for someone who needs a high lip all around. On the Maxpider there is not a high lip where the fold is.
Hey John, where did you order your Maxpider liner? I ordered one several days ago on amazon for $118 and just received a note from the seller that these mats are recalled by the factory due to bad fit and they are canceling my order. :unsure:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts