Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Sorento LX AWD 4cylinder
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where have people been getting cabin filters ? The dealer wants a lot more than I expect to find it at Advance or Oreilly? or ? Any advice on best quality lowest prices appreciated thanks Dorothy

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 K5 GT Line
4,720 Posts
Kia dealership's should be charging you $19.99. That is list price. USA anyways.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
rockauto.com has Wix (for my V6) air filters for $8.68, Mahle for $8.11, and Fram for $11.59. I assume that the 4-banger has similar prices if it's not the identical filter. Mahle may even be the OEM supplier...dunno...haven't looked at mine yet. But that reminds me that it's time to change it (just passed 10k miles).

Edit: Ooops, those are engine air filters. Cabin filters are $11.33 and $12.10 (Wix/Mahle).

Best,

·
Registered
2017 Sorento EX 4T GDI
20 Posts
Just changed my 2012 CAF with a Wix 24080. It was 18.00 at O'Reilly's. It is sprayed with a formula Bioshield 75, biostatic surface protectant that is supposed to trap pollen spores. My wife is highly allergic to this pollen in middle Ga so I am giving it a try. Wix has a good reputation. The filter box says contents made in South Korea. The pleats do look different and a different smell.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD w/Sunroof, RIDES a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600
189 Posts
Whats the point? Cabin filters are completely pointless and useless. Open a window and everything you are trying to filter out is now inside.
Total waste of $.

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
Whats the point? Cabin filters are completely pointless and useless. Open a window and everything you are trying to filter out is now inside.
Total waste of $.
Then don't buy one and allow the factory one to load up on dirt/mold. I like how they keep the dust and pollen down inside the car. I leave my windows rolled up.

Best,

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX V6 AWD w/Sunroof, RIDES a 2012 Suzuki GSXR 600
189 Posts
I will just remove it when the time comes. There is no use for it at all. Just an extra tax.
You keep the doors and sunroof closed too?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Sorento SX Regency Red, 2012 Kia Sorento SX, 2011 Toyota Hiace
584 Posts

·
Banned
2013 Sorento EX V6 AWD
707 Posts
I will just remove it when the time comes. There is no use for it at all. Just an extra tax.
You keep the doors and sunroof closed too?
Yep, I've yet to open the sunroof and would have preferred to not have one at all.

I get a kick out of the whole "tax" thing. You spend $30k on a car, but are too cheap to spend $10 to periodically replace the cabin filter. Whateva....

·
Registered
2011 Sorento SX in Silver with Sunroof, 2006 Mazda 3
45 Posts
Just to get back on topic, I used a Beck Arnley CAF from Amazon for $15. Looks exactly the same as the OEM filter I removed (just cleaner!). Just another option if you haven't purchased already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts