Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get a set of splash guards/mud flaps, but looking at them they look more cosmetic than functional. Can anyone confirm their effectiveness of keeping crud off (Canadians with snow and salt chime in!)???

And any other cool little add on items, you guys can think of?

I will be having CQuartz finest Nano coating applied in early Spring-EXCITED!!!

·
Registered
Suzuki Kizashi SE (soon to be Kia Optima), Kia Sorento SX
9 Posts
They are plastic. I had them on my Ford 500 and they ended up breaking in the rear and were an eye sore util I removed them.

I hope that is not true on the optima, because they will be on mine when it arrives...

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
I am looking to get a set of splash guards/mud flaps, but looking at them they look more cosmetic than functional. Can anyone confirm their effectiveness of keeping crud off (Canadians with snow and salt chime in!)???

And any other cool little add on items, you guys can think of?

I will be having CQuartz finest Nano coating applied in early Spring-EXCITED!!!
would be helpful if you could fill out your LOCATION and DRIVES profile on the left side as vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide :D

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Wife has the Kia mudflaps installed front and back on her Rio SLS. They look cute, but being so small as to be pretty much useless as to their intention. See our pix in http://www.kia-forums.com/3g-2011-rio/82518-our-aussie-sls.html to get an idea.
See 'em? If you look real close they ARE there!

Will post close-up pix if you need them.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
Simple things may include LED interiors lights, change to carbon wheel caps. What else would be cool? Depends on your personal taste.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Outlined the iPhone in White case.

Well, my iPhone had a black rubber case that made the phone disappear into the black recessed slot thats forward of the shifter. And once out of sight... out of mind and I always forgot to grab the phone on the way out of the car.

Now I switched to a white rubber case for the black iPhone and Its always visible. I thought orange or green might be to glaring.

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
mud flaps are called (for the most part) mud spats these days which is a cut down smaller version of the traditional mud flap that cars used to come with

this in my opinion was done as traditional mud flaps, no matter how functional look daggy on modern car designs and are mostly eliminated in this day and age. Spats are mildy effective, but not very.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Still look good, but . . . on wifeys SLS anyway.
No more or less effective than the OEM flaps (spats) on my Sportage.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX mtx
181 Posts
The only accessory I've added was under-dash lighting. Since I'm the only one in it at night (or day, for that matter), I'm not too concerned about the cheese factor. :p

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts
i also have the mud guards front and back but the do not keep the dirt away
but the look great

for the rest i have put on a duplex exhaust , xenon , dvd/nav , lots of chroom , doorhandle lights and lots more
for those who are intereste you can take a look at my facebook page :)

·
Registered
'13 Rio5 // LX Clear White w/ Pwr Pkg
83 Posts
i put an LED panel in my Dome Light, it is awesome, so crisp, and bright! i also bought the oem rubber mat for the cargo area of my rio5, best $65 i've spent on the car so far. im constantly loading/unloading my beach stuff and my hockey bag, and it has kept the carpet underneath it pristine.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Cee'd 5 door
101 Posts
The only accessory I've added was under-dash lighting. Since I'm the only one in it at night (or day, for that matter), I'm not too concerned about the cheese factor. :p
My 2012 Cee'd came with the flaps on it, they have helped keep some, not all the snow and slush from getting on the car body. As a bonus you can kick them whey they get full of snow and slush, helps relieve some of the aggression ;)

How difficult was it to add under dash lighting? The Cee'd has the lighs on the ceiling but I would like some in the foot wells too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts