Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are many topics about aftermarket accessories for the Amanti.

1. I have 20in wheels that "should" fit on the Amanti, will rims void a certain aspect of the warranty?

2. What kind of transmission does the Amanti have? I have 20in wheels on my truck and can say without any argument, that you CAN feel the transmission working a bit harder to get them going. The transmission on my truck is a Dana 44 which is capable of a lot.

3. I also wouldn't mind putting a nice sounding exhaust on the Amanti. Will this void any aspect of the warranty?

·
Registered
10 Posts
If you use 20" rims and really thin rubber and keep close to the original circumference, there should be no difference in the effort of the transmission. BUT I would keep the originals to put back on the car if you ever had a warranty issue regarding the drivetrain.... better safe than sorry.
As far as the exhaust, the attitude of KIA (I work for them) is OEM REPLACEMENT PARTS forever and always. Changing the backflow pressure of an exhaust system can create problems and would be a real warranty issue. Besides, have you not heard of AMANTIs having the 'check engine' light come on after about 1600 to 2000 miles? ( 70% of 2004's and less than 40% of 2005's) The emission parameters in the computer are extremely close and allow little room for deviation. Changing the exhaust could be a problem down the line.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:blush: HollaGeo...........IMO you would be opening a can of worms while you invalidate your WARRANTIES.........KIA has been very generous with providing warranty work for me BUT you need to stick closely with the guidelines of the warranties provided and any waivering will cost you dearly.....too risky for questionable results................so in a nutshell I think the answers would be YES to all you questions...... :haha:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts