Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that winter is approaching........ and my car takes a couple of tries before it starts. Can someone tell me what type of battery I need to purchase? :liebe011:

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,127 Posts
I think the stock unit is 550 cca. (cold crank amps) but you can go bigger just make sure the actual battery fits in the engine bay... as the cca get bigger so does the battery. I have a 850 cca. fits nicely.

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
the cca dont make batteries last longer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
You can go to AutoZone or Advance Auto. They both will do an electrical system check for free, which checks the battery & starter. They can tell if you need a battery, and will recomment the right one for your car. They may also try to upsell a better battery, but the comparable replacement is probably fine.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my battery is fine........it just that in the winter months it takes a little too much to start the car. I need abattery with more cca's as 1fast said. I purchased a replacement from Walmart for 38 bucks.

·
Registered
Sephia
23 Posts
My Suggestion would be... take that Wal-Mart battery back if you can... go to a place like Pep-Boys or so, and buy an altima battery which uses a different type of power storage (cells instead of blocks) which in my case I got a 950 (850cca) which fits perfectly and works wonderful for about $99. Now you know this battery is not going to leave you stranded somewhere like my stock one did. :gunsmilie:
Good Luck

:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,127 Posts
it isnt a altimia battery its a optima.. also you dont need an optima unless you need the extra power.. (like have a system). I have the red top optima but I wouldnt have spent the 120 on it but I have a system in the car....

·
Registered
25 Posts
my '01 kia still has the stock battery in it and its still going strong. granted it hasn't been used much except for the past few months when i got my hands on it...before that my dad only drove it a few miles to work every day

1 - 14 of 14 Posts