Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size battery a 2001 Optima uses? Apparently the dealer is saying that my wifes battery needs replacing but no parts stores show a bettery for it. The dealer is wanting to charge over $80 for a battery when I can get one for $50 with a better battery warranty. :wacko:

Thanks,

DJThumper

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
Not sure what size it would be. I have often wondered the same thing about mine becasue the size isnt even located on it. I searched online for ya and had no luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Spec I tried searching online before I asked here with no luck. Then the fact that the terminals are flipped compared to most that I have seen. It is like they just want you to buy that from the dealer. But then again that may be why the dealer is so willing for me to come out and replace the battery. :huh:

It at the dealer trying to figure out why I have gone through 3 alternators and working on the 4th. I am also having problems with it locking itself after unlocking it. They won't just take my word for it though.

DJThumper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that is what I said. We love the car just tired of the reocurring problem that they don't want to really listen to me on. I keep telling them that if I find out what the problem they will have to pay me for my time and parts.

·
Registered
2007 Optima, 2007 Sorento
714 Posts
Most any auto battery labeled "24F" will work with the Optima V6. I don't know about the 4 cylinder engine. This is what the dealer told me. Nearly every place I looked carries 24F rated batteries.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem with the Optima locking itself after unlocking, it seemed to magnify after replacing the battery, any ideas?

·
Registered
car
4,208 Posts
A co-worker of mine has a 02 Optima 4 cyl. He said the dealer told him a battery for a 4 cyl. Optima will have a lable of MT24 on it and that Interstate Battieries carries them.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Why don't you just take the battery in to a shop.. Advance Auto, Autozone, etc.. maybe they could tell you what type of battery it is.. newayz, that's all I gotta say about that.. :grin:

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
oh btw, when I get a chance.. I look on mine to see if I find anything.. also have you looked under your hood.. it supposed to have the information of most if not all the parts in the engine compartment.. heh.. just a thought. :57:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts