Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Borrego
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my battery light come on and took it to the dealer. Diagnostic said that the alternator was bad, but they wanted $1K to fix it. I bought a rebuilt from Rock Auto and installed it in the car (not a fun job). New alternator and the battery light is still on. It is putting out 13.98-14V and the battery and charging system tested fine at AutoZone. Old alternator was also tested and was definitely bad, so I am confident that it was a bad alternator.

Is there something that needs to be reset?

Thanks

·
Registered
Borrego 2009
5 Posts
I had my battery light come on and took it to the dealer. Diagnostic said that the alternator was bad, but they wanted $1K to fix it. I bought a rebuilt from Rock Auto and installed it in the car (not a fun job). New alternator and the battery light is still on. It is putting out 13.98-14V and the battery and charging system tested fine at AutoZone. Old alternator was also tested and was definitely bad, so I am confident that it was a bad alternator.

Is there something that needs to be reset?

Thanks
How about an OBD2 code reader to scan and clear any codes?...Good tool to have, even if it doesn't work...can pick one up on Amazon for less than $40

1 - 2 of 2 Posts