Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the average number of years the battery lasts. Our 2016 Soul was purchased October 2015.

·
Super Moderator
9,198 Posts
What is the average number of years the battery lasts. Our 2016 Soul was purchased October 2015.
The average is around 4 years.

Many things can influence that life expectancy, such as a well maintained engine that starts on the first revolution, winter and summer temps, if the vehicles stands for extended periods, ..........

The last battery I bought was for my wife's car at around 5 years - I noticed that it cranked a little slower in the middle of winter.

You could also get a free load test done at Autzone - some battery dealers have even more sophisticated microprocessor based test equipment to assess battery health.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Averages mean nothing.

I've had OEM battery fail in less than 2 years. I've read of others failing sooner. The some go for many more years than "average".

When mine failed "early" I just bought a quality replacement with a good warranty. Last thing I want is to have to deal with another failure because I let Kia install another OEM piece of junk..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
4 Participants
eflyguy
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing