Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Folks,

I'm hoping you might be able to help me. I am installing the OEM Kia auto dimming mirror w/compass and homelink. The instructions are very straightforward and it seems most people have no issues installing it. My concerns however are around the list of things to consider after disconnecting the negative terminal on the battery. I've read the manual and found the following blurb and info:

Reset items
Items should be reset after the battery has been discharged or the battery has been disconnected.
• Auto down window (See section 4)
• Sunroof (See section 4)
• Trip computer (See section 4)
• Climate control system
(See section 4)
• Clock (See section 4)
• Audio (See section 4)

For the window and sunroof, the instructions are there and clear. The clock and audio settings, well duh... However I'm not sure what they mean regarding the Trip computer and climate control system. Those sections in the manual don't have 'reset' instructions. Are they referring to simple user preferences like the clock and radio?

Are there any other considerations or procedures I should be following after reconnecting the battery terminal? Thank you for any assistance with this.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
They are just telling you that trip will have reset itself to zero, and probably the A/C etc. will be "Off"; just turn it on.

I sometimes used to connect a small 12V battery across the terminals while I was replacing the battery in order to keep everything "alive". Not applicable if you really need everything off for electrical work. One pest used to be the need to reset the code on the radio; lots of people had lost their code, and this could mean the end of the radio. The Internet used to be full of posts on "How to find the code/fix radio" etc.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
I've disconnected my battery several times and have reset nothing afterwards. I haven't noticed any issues at all after reconnection.

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great, thanks for the replies everyone. Looking forward to installing this mirror.

I've been having issues with my garage door opener as well, specifically the remote. I have two, one works great, the other not so much, both with fresh batteries. So the fiancée get the good one. As you can imagine, I'm keen to use the homelink functions since my garage door opener is homelink compatible.

One last thing, should I document my install in another post?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts