Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sedona, 2012 Forte Koup, Two Sephia's (scraped)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would cause what I believe is a battery charge light, located under the fuel gauge to flash for a half-a-second multiple times a few seconds apart, and then later in the same trip not flash at all? Its so quick you can hardly read it and it doesn't come on as a idiot light test when you turn the key. It started flashing 5 minutes into my trip home and went out 15-20 minutes later. There was stop-and-go traffic when it occurred, but there was stop-and-go traffic later too and the light did not flash.

I stopped at the auto parts store on the way home and he tested the battery and charge system and said all is fine.... whatever value that has. Thanks

·
Registered
1985 Subaru Loyale (wagon), 2000 Kia Sephia (sedan), and 1969 Mercury Comet (coupé)
2,852 Posts
If it is Really a "Battery" light that flickers:

It might be a Loose serpentine Belt, which makes the pulleys to slip, thus means fail on the alternator's charging; other cause might be the Alternator itself, warning you that it is about to fail.

But if the warning light was really "Under the fuel gauge" as you wrote, then it might be the Low Fuel warning light.

Kind Regards.

·
Registered
2018 Sedona, 2012 Forte Koup, Two Sephia's (scraped)
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, have not seen it again however I've been on vacation and have not been in that type of traffic..

It's the time for new front brakes and tires ( already replaced those valves under master like its shown in the your sticky). The guy in the tire store showed be me a all seasons radial with pins in the trend, almost like a studded tire. I need a tire like that in these cars (think it was a Toyo). The rust has re-started since I returned home from staying down south a few years. It won't be too long before I say goodbye to my second and last Sephia....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts