Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Audi Q5, 2012 Sorento SX
20 Posts
I guess we are not alone who feel that way. Before I purchased my Sorento I also considered the Acura MDX and the Toyota Highlander. The MDX was a bit overpriced but a great ride, while the Highlander was truly below par, IMO. That led me to the Sorento, which exceeding my expectations in terms of power, handling, ride quality, and provided the "best bang for the buck".

·
Registered
156 Posts
I guess we are not alone who feel that way. Before I purchased my Sorento I also considered the Acura MDX and the Toyota Highlander. The MDX was a bit overpriced but a great ride, while the Highlander was truly below par, IMO. That led me to the Sorento, which exceeding my expectations in terms of power, handling, ride quality, and provided the "best bang for the buck".
Don't want to get into a big disagreement about this on a Kia site, but you really thought the Highlander Limited was subpar. Wow I wonder if you actually drove it. I traded my Sorento for a 2012 Highlander Limited V6 4WD and it is so much more vehicle than the Sorento. Sorento is not even in the same class in my opinion. Of Course the Highlander is a bigger vehicle by about 500lbs. The Premium Leather in the Highlander, the roomier second row seating, the incredibly smoother ride just can't be matched by the Kia. Bang for your buck I do agree you definitely get a fantastic amount of features in the SX with the Cooled front seat, folding exterior mirrors, and driver's memory seat. Plus the panoramic roof is nice. I just totally disagree and find it hard to believe that anyone would think the Highlander is subpar. Look at the reliability rating from CR. Best in it's class. And I'm pretty much a Ford guy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts