Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Verso T3; 2009 Kia Rondo EX-V6
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Anyone experienced water leaks in the back of a 2009 Rondo? It's now happened about 3 times over the last year, with the result that the inside of the rear of the car gets fairly wet. I've looked inside the back of the car and there is no sign of a leak in the roof, or any obvious problems with seals on the back hatch. Also, I live in Vancouver where it rains a lot(!) and yet the leak has only happened once in the last few months. Maybe an accumulation of water in a seal somewhere? Just can't work it out, and so any ideas would be very welcome!

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,504 Posts
Get in the back of your Rondo, have someone with a hose spray water all over the liftgate on all sides, and see where the water is coming in from......

·
Premium Member
2016 FIAT 500X Trekking Plus AWD; 2016 Kia Forte5 SX 1.6T A/T
6,806 Posts
Where exactly do you find water?

Mine had leak through the quarter panel window. You would not really see the leak, except when the bottom of the trunk was wet. Sometimes water would drip into the cover panel.

Other than that - I did not have any leaks.

·
Registered
2006 Toyota Verso T3; 2009 Kia Rondo EX-V6
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice. Hadn't thought about hosing the car while sitting in the back, so will give this a try and report back!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts