Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'11 SORENTO SX-DARK CHERRY
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day my 2011 Sorento SX's camera stopped showing a picture and only shows the red, yellow, and green grid. The rest of the screen is black. Anyone out there have the same problem, and what was the cure?

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
It's one of 3 things....
Bad Camera
Loose wire
Bad head unit

I had a flaky camera for a while. Banging on it caused it to come back. They replaced the camera and all was well.

If the rest of the head unit is working fine, then it is more likely the camera or a loose wire.

·
Registered
'11 SORENTO SX-DARK CHERRY
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I took it in to the dealer today for servicing and lo and behold it worked when the service manager put it into reverse. He said it was probably just a computer brain fart and it cured itself?

I don't know about that, but it's fine now????

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sorento EX AWD V6 Limited/Panoramic
422 Posts
Mine worked on and off for a few years, eventually it got worse and they had to replace the camera. If it happens again, I wouldn't wait until the warranty is out.

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 12 Sedona LX
1,414 Posts
It is most likely the camera. Like mogulman said, if it does it again, try having someone tap on it to see it it comes back on.

·
Registered
2012 Titanium Silver Sorento LX w/ GDI
80 Posts
Mine was flaky a few months ago. It died and then showed up the next day. Periodically it puts out a wavy, scratchy image. I'll speak to the service writer next time i'm in the shop.

·
Registered
2012 Sorento EX 2.4 GDI
171 Posts
Most of us have camera's on our phones...take a picture of the screen when it is causing problems and show to the dealer when you go in...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Backup camera replaced now green/yellow/red grid missing

I went to the local dealer due to my backup camera working part time. I took a video prior because as we all know when you get to the dealer it is bound to start working again. A light tap on side of the camera got it working again, they decided that a new one would be ordered and installed. I went this week and had the new one put in, the green/yellow/red grid is now missing, they are telling me that the replacement cameras do not have the grid, can anyone else confirm this? Seems odd to lose a feature when installing a factory replacement part under warranty.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento SX AWD
21 Posts
Most of us have camera's on our phones...take a picture of the screen when it is causing problems and show to the dealer when you go in...
I went to the local dealer due to my backup camera working part time. I took a video prior because as we all know when you get to the dealer it is bound to start working again. A light tap on side of the camera got it working again, they decided that a new one would be ordered and installed. I went this week and had the new one put in, the green/yellow/red grid is now missing, they are telling me that the replacement cameras do not have the grid, can anyone else confirm this? Seems odd to lose a feature when installing a factory replacement part under warranty.
Dang - newbie since 2010 - posted something about b/u cameras in a new thread - are there any aftermarket cameras that would be an exact fit for the factory camera - but - be better? - take advantage of newer technology - work better at night - ?
-Will

·
Registered
2013 Sportage turbo (SX model in US)
210 Posts
my sportage SX happened it few times so far. especially, from last month to this early day of month. symptom is exactly like that. it only shows lines or totally freezing. so I took a part trunk to see what the problem was. every wire, harness was fine. camera itself seemed bad. so I asked others for getting info. people told me that rear camera usually goes bad after 3 years (if early) or 4 years later. yeah, camera module seems expensive though. but what can I do? I will replace it myself. it's $120 in Korea. so I will get it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts