Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a new Sorento owner, I was shocked that I could see very little out the high dark back window when backing up in the dark. The backup lights work but only help when I use the side mirrors.

I have seen no comments on this, and I am beginning to wonder whether I am the only one with that difficulty. I should explain that I live in the country and often back up in unlit or poorly lit areas.

I am considering getting a sonar backup aid and wondered how expensive they are, and what success ohters with Sorentos have had with them. Any other comments, hints, advice will be welcome.

thanks Manuel from Penetang, Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I also found reversing a little difficult due to the sorento's rear end high off the ground, and general poor visibility. I had reversing sensor's fitted after I bought the car, I made enquiries with my local dealer about the cost, he advised to have Kia's own sensor's fitted would be around 300 uk pounds, or have the same sensor's but without Kia on the box would be half the kia cost. the only difference apart from the kia name on the box is the sensors are the same colour as the bumper of the car. my bumper is dark grey and the non kia sensor's are a slightly lighter colour grey so I wasn't bothered they look fine and do not look out of place. There are four sensor's spread equally along the length of the rear bumper, the sensor's are wired into the reversing light fitting and work as soon as reverse is selected. The sensor's work great, I recommend having the kit fitted. The kit is fitted in about an hour. Not sure about your country but most garage dealers here supply and fit. Hope this helps. Mike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the iinfo, Mike. I am glad not to be alone in this concern. Will probably pursue this when I have the traler hitch installed. Manuel

·
Registered
2004 Kia Sorento
44 Posts
thanks m.searle....

I'm just waiting for my XS to arrive. I enquired bout reversing sensors and allmost fell of my chair when they told me £350!

did you get them fitted?

who makes the non Kia items and where did you get it?

150-200 quid is better than £350 !

cheers
RB

·
Registered
11 Posts
hi,
most garages will fit the sensor, I have just dug my instructions and guarantee out, my sensor kit is made by XVision, cost me £144.98 which included fitting, and is guaranteed for 3 years. There website address is www.sccuk.net/xvision.php, you can find out your nearest garage that fits them. Hope this is useful. Regards Mike. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Crickey ! I had mine fitted by the dealer prior to picking it up, charged me £149 inc. the vat. Could have done the front sensors at the same time for £280 all in. Thinks your dealer is having a laugh :blink: Wouldn't be without em though, great you can back upto anything within an inch and know you ain't hit anything. Had to tape over the speaker though cos it was very loud inside ! :haha:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts