Kia Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Quick question: At night, half the buttons on my driver's door (i.e.) all the ones above the window open close ones, don't light up. Is it just a problem with my car, or does the Rio not have backlighting for these buttons? Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Some commands don't light up either

Hi, I just checked in my Rio and I noticed this: the command for folding/unfolding the mirror, the command for adjusting the mirror, the command for canceling the windows from opening the windows don't light up either. I will be calling the dealer today. Are these the same commands as in your Rio?

Thanks for sharing the info.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,523 Posts
don't forget guys you are located in different countries so it doesn't mean they are all equipped the same way.

We don't know where the OP is located.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Different countries OK - Canada?

don't forget guys you are located in different countries so it doesn't mean they are all equipped the same way.

We don't know where the OP is located.
Conwelpic, we're both in Canada so it should be the same for your Rio. Could you check please if the commands I name light up in the night?
Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
Is my mind playing tricks on me or is the picture posted by the OP of a right hand drive Rio?

I think I had noticed at one time that all my switches did not light but just chalked it up to that's the way it is. I will have to take another look tonight.

·
Registered
2012 Black Kia Rio5 SX w/ Nav, 2005 Honda Odyssey EX
190 Posts
Wild guess, RioDriverZA, extracting ZA = Dutch Zuid-Afrika = South Africa, where they drive on the left side of the road.

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
Conwelpic, we're both in Canada so it should be the same for your Rio. Could you check please if the commands I name light up in the night?
Thanks
yes we are both in Canada but I don't own a Rio, I own a Soul, look at my side profile.

RioDriverZA - did not state what country he's from and beto2k7 is from Guatemala hence the reason I said your in different Countries

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
415 Posts
I just turned the power on (not the engine) in the garage, and i had all 4 window buttons and the lock doors button illuminated, nothing else. Maybe when you are driving they change? Next time I am out at night I'll check.

·
Registered
313 Posts
yes we are both in Canada but I don't own a Rio, I own a Soul, look at my side profile.

RioDriverZA - did not state what country he's from and beto2k7 is from Guatemala hence the reason I said your in different Countries
Damn! You are right. Too quick on the reply button I guess. Sorry Mr. Soul.

Thanks.

·
Registered
12' KIA Rio5 SX & 15' KIA Sedona SXL
76 Posts
So, my backlighting is as follows:

* 1st Pic - Backlighting on door panel is off
* 2nd Pic - Backlighting on door panel is on
* 3rd Pic - Steering wheel backlighting on

:)

Attachments

·
Registered
313 Posts
So, my backlighting is as follows:

* 1st Pic - Backlighting on door panel is off
* 2nd Pic - Backlighting on door panel is on
* 3rd Pic - Steering wheel backlighting on

:)
Hello Jademac, same here on my EX Sedan. So I guess this is how Kia figured it out. Some savings here and there to keep the price down.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
@ Tony Flags good one! Yes I am from South Africa... Sorry guys, I expected to be e-mailed when replies were posted, as in other forums... So it seems to be an international issue... Just have to get used to it I guess...

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
415 Posts
I just turned the power on (not the engine) in the garage, and i had all 4 window buttons and the lock doors button illuminated, nothing else. Maybe when you are driving they change? Next time I am out at night I'll check.
I checked this morning (it was dark out), same thing, only those 5 buttons are illuminated during driving as well. It seems strange that they would do this differently on different cars, seems it would cost more to have 2 different part types, and how do these choose which car has all buttons illuminated, and which just have the 5... this is a strange one!

·
Registered
8,523 Posts
on the door switches on my Soul, I just get the four window switches back-lit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts