Kia Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[attachmentid=31]My Picanto has not a back window tail (Please see attached picture). According to it's brochure this part is a standart one.

The agent of Kia said me that they forwarded this incompetence to Kia Motors, but they want me to pay this part. I can not understand why I must pay it although it is a standart part.

Please help me about this subject.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hi there,

If you look at brochure of the car, you can see the tailgate, and side trims, also lether steering wheel and the gearshift and 15" wheels, but Kia in Turkey requests 150 EUR just for the tailgate. Many of us contacted with the distributer but no news yet.

CU

PS. Hey PicantoSE,

Here in Turkey we have only EX version with comfort(low ver.) and advance(hi version, known as SE in Europe), but no tailgate available standart...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ahh, I did say it that in Britain the tailgate was a standard part...I'm not sure about anywhere else.

In britain you won't be able to buy a green picanto although the brochure shows it as an available colour.

Cheers
PicantoSE

·
Registered
Kia Picanto, Nissan Patrol, Renault Laguna
26 Posts
Hello!!!

In Spain, the tailgate, and side trims, the leather steering wheel and the gearshift and 15" wheels, comes with de "special pack" in any EX or LX versión, but the promotion ends in few weeks.

·
Registered
112 Posts
In the Philippines, this is an option part as well (they only sell the very basic car model here). The yellow color is also not available (which is strange, this is the only color not included but in the brochure).

·
Registered
2 Posts
The colour I think not a problem. Because if you don't find your favourite colour you can try another. But if you buy a brand new car and it has not got a part, this is a real problem for the customer.

How do you think?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello Naci and friends,

I think the colour is also a big deal for a brand new car, in case we waited for the ice blue Advance but couldn't buy, red was our second decision so we had to buy it anyway...

But the tailgate is really nice, i had to buy one asap, i don't believe the dealer will supply it for free... But have a look at the side spoilers on the SE s in the UK, think they really show car different...

By the way David, i liked the way your car looks, how much did you spend for mods?

CU

·
Registered
Kia Picanto, Nissan Patrol, Renault Laguna
26 Posts
The mods (Not includes tires) cost 180 euros. Tailgate, side spoiler, aditional front ligts and blue interior details. This offer was limited to a certain number of Picanto. Actualy this offer is not active.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by DAVID73@Nov 22 2004, 02:26 PM
Hello PicantoTR and friends!!!!
that's my Picanto EX "Pack"

[attachmentid=35][attachmentid=36][attachmentid=37][attachmentid=38]
Hi David,

Your Pica has a nice set of wheels. In Malaysia, the Pica comes with 14" sport rim. BTW, what is the dimension of your tyres? Is it 175/15/50 or others? I am interested to change to 15" rim but the tyre size is a concern.I f the rim is 5 1/2 or 6, 15" with 175/50, then it is ok, but if it is 185, then during turning it might hit the tyre wall arch.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by DAVID73@Nov 23 2004, 01:57 PM
The mods (Not includes tires) cost 180 euros. Tailgate, side spoiler, aditional front ligts and blue interior details. This offer was limited to a certain number of Picanto. Actualy this offer is not active.

180 EUR???? It's so cheap, in Turkey they want 150 EUR just for the tailgate, may be 100 for the side spoilers also, but i'll have them for sure... I'll go to my dealer on the weekend... Can you ask to your dealer also, maybe you can have a set for me and i can send you the money :)

CU

·
Registered
4 Posts
In Indonesia, only the GLS model that has complete set, tailgate, fog lamps, full body color and even the tweeters. The standard model has none. And the dealers don't have them in stock.

Hey, I smell some business opportunities here. Does anyone has any access the source/suppliers?

·
Registered
112 Posts
The other stuff are option parts in the Philippines. But I would sure love to have a wiper on my hatch when I get to install a spoiler soon. But it would sure be lovely to have other sources for parts besides our dealerships.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts