Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The other day as I was backing out of my parking spot I noticed that my back up cam didn't come on, just had the UVO screen. When I put it into drive, the cam came on, and stayed on for my drive home. The cam stayed on when I put it into Park, and then into Reverse. It went off when I changed out of reverse that time. Anyone else have anything like that happen? Seems to have only been a one-time thing so far.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
412 Posts
happened to me once.
i think it is if you shift into reverse before uvo boots up....
it was kind of fun to watch behind me as i drove!
uvo seems a bit buggy, or maybe it is just the whole radio assembly. sometimes it boots right away, sometimes it takes a while....

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio 5dr EX
39 Posts
I haven't had it stay on while in drive but I have experienced it not coming on. It is usually when I shift to R while UVO is still ^still booting^ though. I also feel UVO is pretty buggy. I was thinking about keeping the stock UVO system, but now I am thinking of swapping for an in-dash double din 7" screen. Does anyone know if it would be possible to still connect the back up cam, voice commands/hands free controls to an after market deck like that?

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
no problem with my UVO system, there is a reset button if you are having problems that may solve it.
UVO doesn't need to be on when you shift in reverse, camera comes on right away.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts