Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this car a year ago and the back speakers have never really worked. Once on a 3 hour trip some static came out of them, then they died and I've heard nothing out of them since. I thought maybe the fuse under the dash, nope all good. Ok, so the head unit must be messed up. I was wanting to upgrade it anyway, so I did, bought the wiring harness and all to make it a simple set up. New unit works great, but still no back speakers. Took the back apart to try to trace the wiring to see if there's anything wrong, everything looks like it die when it rolled off the factory floor. Read in a forum somewhere it could be the OEM AMP, looked where both the forums I found said to look, no AMP. Anyone have any clue what the issue might be? Yes I checked the speakers themselves, they look great.... sigh

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
455 Posts
When you say they look good is that a purely visual inspection, I often do audio installs and some Toyotas it is not uncommon to find 4X dead speakers but visually they seem fine you need to test them with an OHM meter, they should measure 4OHMs each. or you can tap a 9V battery to the terminals and watch/listen for a reaction.

·
Registered
2007 Kia Spectra
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When you say they look good is that a purely visual inspection, I often do audio installs and some Toyotas it is not uncommon to find 4X dead speakers but visually they seem fine you need to test them with an OHM meter, they should measure 4OHMs each. or you can tap a 9V battery to the terminals and watch/listen for a reaction.
So you're saying it could be the speakers themselves?

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
455 Posts
Could be. Before chasing cables etc confirm that the speakers are in fact good

1 - 4 of 4 Posts