Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX- mine, 2012 Hyundai Azera- Mom's
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While washing my sorento I was surprised and somewhat dismayed to feel and see just how much the back of the rear fender (or forward most part of the back bumper) flexes and moves. I've never had a car where the plastic bodywork moves so much. It almost feels like something isn't screwed together correctly? Can anyone else check and see how much theirs moves when you push on it?

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
367 Posts
I tested and I would say that I can move it easyly and it is pretty light/soft and flexible but not that lose.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pushing on the lowest corner I can flex it about 1/4"-1/3". It also makes a slight creaking/crunching noise. In getting under the vehicle and looking at the rear quarter panel into the back bumper area, in somewhat surprised how much open area and lack of structure there actually is.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I also noted that the bumper flexed a good bit. As my EX AWD V6 didn't have any bumper protection, I bought the black rubber bumper guard from OEMKIaparts and put it on. It does look a lot better and gives the top of the bumper some protection when I remove heavy items, or stand on it to access the roof.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I also noted that the bumper flexed a good bit. As my EX AWD V6 didn't have any bumper protection, I bought the black rubber bumper guard from OEMKIaparts and put it on. It does look a lot better and gives the top of the bumper some protection when I remove heavy items, or stand on it to access the roof.
Does it just stick on with 3M tape or is drilling required?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts