Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Kia Sedona EX/2007 Chevy Trailblazer SS
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am contemplating changing out the spark plugs on my 07 Sedona. I see the 3 coil packs in front, but the other 3 are under the intake. any tips/pictures on how to get those bad boys out?

·
Registered
04 sedonna,07 oddsey,77 dodge p/u,kubota tractor------
97 Posts
You have to take the intake manifold off to access the rear plugs. Six or eight bolts, a couple of brackets and two bolts on the rear you can't see without a mirror. The rear plugs share the coils with the front I seem to remember. Replace the plug wires while you have the intake off.

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
2006+ Sedonas do not have plug wires. They are coil-over. Yes, the intake has to come off. Sign up at kiatechinfo.com, and step-by-step instructions are available for free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there,

Signed up but I cannot seem to find the instruction on the intake plenum removal on KGIS?

Am i missing something? All that keeps coming up is doing the spark test but not replacing the rear 3 plugs. Any chance someone could post where to find this in KGIS?

·
Registered
06 Grand Carnival
400 Posts
ok,

Go to KGIS, Log in, Go to Sedona 2006 - 2014. Select 07, go to S.I (service Info), select the second option(engine mechanical system), select 'intake and exhaust system'. select repair procedures.
Follow the instructions.

What it does not say is how hard the rear bolts that secure the plenum chamber are to get to.

Have fun. do not scrimp on cheap plugs. so it goes another 80.000 before doing again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts