Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
new/used owner here. Went from a geo metro to an 04 Optima used. Feel like I am in the lap of luxury with this car...but it does use a lot more gas then the metro...lol. What is the average mpg for the Optima and how do I make it better? Thanks :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
My average is slightly higher than 24mpg mixed driving with Optima 2004 2.0L. The best result was 29mpg for long journey with speed of 110 - 120km/hr.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The best from my 2.0 LX is 12km/L with 99% highway alone at 110-130kph. Worst is 9km/L more than 50% city driving with family at 0-70kph.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 04 2L Optima. I use it for comuuting (mixed traffic, 60% highway, 40% stuck traffic) and I get about 27mpg.

I was told that if you drive under 60 mph on freeway, you would get a slightly better mileage.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,980 Posts
As I've said in my intro.. I started at around 14-16mpg :angry: and with a bit of TLC (Fuel Line/Injection Treatment - First fill up after purchase and Gas treatments there after - with in 30 days mind you) it's gone up to around 20-22mpg :haha: . but hopefully with the new K&N Air filter and E3 Spark Plugs that I'll purchase this week.. it'll go up from there.. we'll see... :unsure: but then again, it doesn't help that I cruise to work (35miles each way mind you) at 80mph @ 3,000rpm (chuckles) - Bad Me - Bad Me! :p LOL

NEWayz, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts