Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 V6 automatic.
a little history. car was wrecked rear view mirror wiring was pulled apart blowing fuse had tranny in failsafe. I fixed that problem. now when I put the car in Drive it pulls about 2 sec. then lets go (like i put it in N) however If i kick shifter over into Manul mode everything works as it should I can even put it back into drive and it all works good untill I stop. then I have to get it going again in Manual mode? any suggestions

·
Registered
2002 optima 2.4
24 Posts
Guessing here, but it sounds like the torque convertor disengagement isn't functioning properly... Assuming it has one.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the fuse that was blown went to the Home link system all that is seems good. I am not getting any codes. and I have checked the solenoids in the tranny with a ohm meter. I do not like to ask for help but I need some on this...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the fuse that was blown went to the Home link system all that is seems good. I am not getting any codes. and I have checked the solenoids in the tranny with a ohm meter. I do not like to ask for help but I need some on this...
the Fuse was ETACS fuse that had the tranny in fail safe mode.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts