Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Before I call the dealer... I noticed my memory on my electric tilt steering isn't working anymore. When I hit on of the memory buttons my seat and mirrors will move but not the wheel anymore. It works fine if I move it with the switch on the steering wheel itself.. Up/down and In/out.

...Any Ideas??

·
Registered
36 Posts
make sure the wheel is where you want it & shut the car off & pull the key wheel will go up, put key back in & should work..

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but no luck. I tried the setting where you take key out and seat will go back and wheel will go up. Seat goes back, wheel doesn't move.

·
Registered
2003 Ford Taurus Centennial, 2009 Kia Borrego ExV8
24 Posts
I have had the same problem. The steering wheel will tilt up then back down to where it should be after the key is reinserted. But when I change drivers, the wheel does not change. I am going to tell the dealer when I take if for an oil change

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ever get it checked out? I have not yet. They need the car for a while to trouble shoot. Haven't had time yet.

BTW...we are just over the river from you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Were you able to have this fixed? I have the same intermitent problem: sometimes the steering wheel doesn't move when changing from setting one and two, sometimes it does...

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet, hope to do by next week. My Nav just started to lock up so am hoping to get this fixed at the same time.

·
Registered
2010 Borrego ExV8
8 Posts
Tilt steering

I sometimes have the same problem. When the wheel does not move down and forward to my driving position, I manually set it and then reset the preset button on the door. This works for a while, but no permanent solution.

·
Registered
09 Borrego EX V8 2WD
103 Posts
Hyundai also having steering wheel tilt problems

My Borrego has also had intermittent steering wheel tilt problems. I came across this info concerning the same problem on the Hyundai Genesis (I'm sure most know Kia is a subsidiary of Hyundai). They also had a temporary fix.

·
Registered
Kia Borrego & Sorento
14 Posts
My Borrego had/has same problem. 2 years ago the dealer replaced the safety limit switch to get the manual tilt switch on the steering column to work. 6 months later, the dealer replaced the entire steering column assy. (under warranty) to fix this issue. Dealer said there were no replacement parts for the tilt/telescope feature. They talked to the KIA Service Repr. who told them that KIA had NO PROBLEMS with this system. Now the same problem is SLOWLY coming back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts