Kia Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read somewhere that we can get the side mirrors to fold in automatically when the car is shut off.

Can't find it in the OM.

'Lil help please. Thank you!

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
I read somewhere that we can get the side mirrors to fold in automatically when the car is shut off.

Can't find it in the OM.

button on the driver door pretty close to the mirror adjustment buttons... push in to fold in, push again to fold out.

·
Registered
Rio 5dr SX Electric Blue
144 Posts
Check your source. Never heard of them auto closing on shut off on any trim model anywhere.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio EX
136 Posts
IMHO Kia does not do automatic folding when the car is shut off cuz of the extra wear this would mean in the folding mechanism. I'm glad they didn't... really I've only used that feature like 10 times... tops...when I just received the car...

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts

Can't find it in the OM.

Hi, this feature is very useful (shopping centers, inside parkings, street parking) and the mirrors don't fold in automatically when the engine is shut off. I've been there and there's no way it can be done. I agree with beto2K7, "the extra wear this would mean in the folding mechanism" if Kia would have implied it. Anyhow...warrantied aren't they those mirrors?
Bonne journée!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks so far guys.

I may have read it in a manual but I really have to scour the documents in my computer.... something about 'hit the lock button on the fob twice' and the mirrors fold in as well....maybe on the SX version with the SmartKey?

I know my rants read like they're drug-induced. It would be a nice feature for me as people percolate through the parking lot all the time with briefcases, backpacks, etc and broken mirrors are commonplace.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I found it. Wasn't hallucinating after all.

Too bad I don't have a Smart Key. Nice if it could be automatic.

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Rio SX Hatch
391 Posts
I found it. Wasn't hallucinating after all.

Too bad I don't have a Smart Key. Nice if it could be automatic.

wow cool! too bad it doesn't work... just tried it on mine and nothing happened when i clicked the lock button twice (or 3 or 4 times for that matter). :(

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This was out of the 2013 Features and Functions Guide.

If it works for the 2013 SX people I'll be so happy for them yet hate them soooo much.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
Nope. I've got an early 2013 SX (Canadian)... and no go. I even tried playing with the fob a few different ways, hitting more times, holding for a few seconds etc. Nothin.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, sorry if got your hopes up. Just trying to figure out some of the things on this car.

Supposed to have HD radio too according to the advertising. Ain't happenin' either.

Oh well. Time for sleep.

·
Registered
109 Posts
You could buy a module/relay to enable that feature. I've done it on my previous car and tbh it's a little glitchy at times and almost not worth the $ and hassle:

Kia 06-09 Optima / Rio Lock folding Side Mirrors Relay | eBay

Personally don't think it's worth the $73 + Shipping. Maybe if I'm bored and it's a third of the price..

The funny thing is, and let me know if you guys get the same sort of question from people, but when people find out that the rio has power folding mirrors, they ask if it's automatic or not.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I can push the button on the door alot for $73 + shipping:).No one has ever asked me if they were automatic.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts