Kia Forum banner

automatic problem

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  darron48 
#1 ·
hi im new ive just got a 2001 kia sedona 2.5 kia sedona it goes in first gear but then it wont change gear till it gets to 4,000 revs then it will go into second then 4,000 revs it will go into third hope you can help thanks

#2 ·
Is your HOLD or POWER light on? if it is turn it off and be gentle with the throttle backing off at around mid range and she should change up..
Next, when was the fluid changed? it should be changed around 40k miles.
Finally, look towards the speed sensor or solenoids.

#4 ·
the car was taken to stoneacre and the put it on there machine found 2 fault codesp1631 canbus time out ec p0100 maf circuit malfunction. possible causes wiring,tcm,gearbox valve body they sid they could tell me wot it was so havnt got a clue just hope some 1 can help me thanks for the reply MichaelS

#6 · (Edited)
quote=darron48;421951]the car was taken to stoneacre and the put it on there machine found 2 fault codesp1631 canbus time out ec p0100 maf circuit malfunction. possible causes wiring,tcm,gearbox valve body they sid they could tell me wot it was so havnt got a clue just hope some 1 can help me thanks for the reply MichaelS[/quote]

Have a look at this , if I've got time in the next few days I'll have a look for the hard copy of the manual and scan a clearer one

Attachments

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.