Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a dumb question but does the 2012 Sportage LX have automatic headlights or daytime running lights? If there is a way to have them go on and off automatically, I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
as vehicles are not equipped the same worldwide, it would be helpful if you could fill out your location profile, and while your at it, fill out your DRIVES profile too.

·
Premium Member
2017 Kia Niro Touring w/Tech Pkg, Blue/Grey
1,940 Posts
Do you have an Auto setting on the stalk or an Owners Manual?

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about that. Kinda new to the forum and hand't thought through that it helps if I fill that stuff out. I updated my info. 2012 Sportage LX, American version. I haven't seen any auto setting (not even sure what the stalk is) but will check the manual when next in the car.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,536 Posts
your won't have DRL's standard they are only standard on Canadian models.

You can turn on your headlights and when you get out of the vehicle, they will shut off within 30 seconds (Battery saver function), when you get back in and start the vehicle the lights will turn back on. But that is not the same as automatic headlights, I think that only the EX and SX has that feature. (for the US)

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
16 Posts
My Canadian Sportage LX has auto headlights, and of course DRL. Like njerald said look for the auto switch, its either there or not.

·
Registered
2011 Kia Sportage SX - Clear White
484 Posts
Yep, Daytime Running lights seems to be only a Canadian thing here in North America. The control stick on the left side of the steering wheel (where your lights control and your turn signal controls are located) would have a setting marked - AUTO if you had automatic headlights.

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage LX
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the follow up. Doesn't look like my version has the auto headlights although there is an auto shut-off 30 seconds after you shut off the car. The one caveat being that you must lock the car for the shut-off to work.

·
Registered
Kia Sportage LX 2012
27 Posts
I live in the dominican republic and my 2012 LX has auto headlights but does not have DRL's.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Sportage T-GDI, 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser, 1992 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ80
8 Posts
I have a SX turbo and here in Puerto Rico they (SX) have auto headlights and LED-DRL. They are very bright during the day. If you put the signal light, the DRL will turn off only the side you want to turn and the flasher turns on. At night the LED-DRL goes dim.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
If you don't have Auto headlights, here's the module I mentioned earlier. Seems they decided to add the feature for it to work with headlights.

·
Registered
2011 AWD Sportage SX
926 Posts
If you don't have Auto headlights, here's the module I mentioned earlier. Seems they decided to add the feature for it to work with headlights.
Hehehe. Just saw the auto led module. What where they thinking putting the photosensor that close to the module. Kinda useless if your going to mount under the hood or under the dash. Looks ugly if you mount on the dash. Maybe the photo sensors can be cut and resolder on a wire so it can atleast be place somewhere where it can see daylight.

·
Registered
NA V, K3
259 Posts
Hehehe. Just saw the auto led module. What where they thinking putting the photosensor that close to the module. Kinda useless if your going to mount under the hood or under the dash. Looks ugly if you mount on the dash. Maybe the photo sensors can be cut and resolder on a wire so it can atleast be place somewhere where it can see daylight.
Which is why there's an option for the sensor to be on a 10 foot wire, instead of right at the module. Should be long enough. The option is obviously for use with headlights, but that means it can be lengthened.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts