Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

I just had my Rio SLS for two weeks now and am totally delighted so far.

I was just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of auto folding mirror modules? I notice on eBay that modules are available for Hyundai i30 and also some listings for Kia's. Apperently they just plug in to existing loom and then allow the mirrors to be operated by remote unlocking and locking as well as by the original switch on the door trim.

My understanding is that these cars along with the majority of new cars use the CANBUS system and therefore I am curious as to whether this will impact on its function or not. If anyone has tried or researched, perhaps you could let me know your findings.

Thanks

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
xtr40. Thank you so much for this advise and links to your video. I have seen some on eBay that just plug in and also some that just require 2 wires to be cut and joined. I think I will order it and try for myself. I assume that I only need to install on the drivers door only and it will work both mirrors, or do I need one per door?

Thank you again, very good of you to take the time to pass on your knowledge.

I cannot understand why Kia did not fit this function as standard, seems to be a missed opportunity.

·
Registered
Kia Rio YB . GT-line 2018
213 Posts
over here you can buy it as a accesoire from the dealer for $200 incl fitting it
also plug and play you just need to fit (solder) the 2 wirres on your door motor from the central lock (it are the 2 top wirres in the plug )

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
it's not included as it's not really a must-have function to be honest. I fold the mirrors on our SLS maybe once every week or so, most of the time i'll park it away from other people anyway. xtra40 is there anything you HAVEN'T done to your car? heh

nice car by the way Pezzer, i might add.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi
12 Posts
Have either of you found a module for auto-closing the sunroof? The problem from what I can see is that power to the sunroof is killed when turning the engine off, and also power to the windows is killed once you open the door...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts