Kia Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Sorento SX (+ Technology Package + Panoramic Sunroof)
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I am fairly new to Kia (got the 2018 sorento sx less than a month ago) and so far I am deeply in love.

However I am running into an issue. My wipers would not work at all when set on Auto mode. It registers on the screen that its set to auto, however the rain keeps on pouring and the wipers keep on idling.

Is that somewhat of a known issue, that I can easily fix perhaps? Or do I need to go to the dealership and see if they can figure it out? (No warranty, so dealership will likely be expensive ;-( )

Thanks for any help or advice that you can provide!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all, just wanted to add to this.
I turned the wipers to auto, and turned the car off for about 10 minutes. When I came back - turned the car on, and the wiper didn't do its initial wipe.

I have also noticed that when I switch from off to on - the wiper would do a single wipe about 20% of the times. Most of the times it wouldn't do anything.

Thanks again for any help.

·
Registered
Sorento SX AWD 2015
1,160 Posts
Well as with any problem Info details.
Did it ever work, how long have you had it?
Check with the dealer if there maybe something that disables it for working if not in the manual. Neither of my SX's have that option.

Reactions: t0ny0

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento SX, 2013 Hyundai Elantra GT Tech pkg. Former 2014 Kia Rondo EX Luxury,
503 Posts
Hey all, just wanted to add to this.
I turned the wipers to auto, and turned the car off for about 10 minutes. When I came back - turned the car on, and the wiper didn't do its initial wipe.

I have also noticed that when I switch from off to on - the wiper would do a single wipe about 20% of the times. Most of the times it wouldn't do anything.

Thanks again for any help.
I was wondering if your windshield rain sensor was off or disconnected, but if there is an issue with the manual mode not being consistent in operation (assuming that's not normal..I don't know), I wonder if is the BCM? That would control wiper operation I would think. I don't know if there is something cheap and easy to do to reset a BCM yourself to rule it out? Maybe disconnect your car battery for a while to cut power to it, etc.

Reactions: t0ny0

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the replies!

I found out that Carvana does carry some hilarious warranty, so I will make use of it this upcoming week and will bring the car in for repairs. I will update here, so if anyone has similar issues in the future - they can get it resolved :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A quick update - I have been to pep boys and 2 other mechanic shops covered by my warranty, and they all gave up and told me to go see the dealership.

So my 3rd party warranty played nice, and told me that they will cover any repairs by the dealership. Yay!

Going to the dealership tomorrow, hopefully they can diagnose and fix the problem. Will update once that happens.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And last update - the dealership looked around for an hour and found out that the sensor was not properly connected 😂

They connected it, and voila - everything is working as it should again.

Thanks to everyone that tried to help on here :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts