Kia Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sportage 2.0 CVVT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Has anyone tried to change the function of drivers window to "auto up"? My version is only "auto down" and its really annoying. Called a mechanic near where I live who's workshop is a rep for KIA cars and he didn't know how to do it. Not sure of the level of intelligence of mechanics here.

Looked it up on the internet and saw a few forum and they made it sound so easy.

Auto Up Window Mod
One-touch Auto Up/Down Windows (DEI 530T) DIY Guide - Club RSX Message Board

They are of different car, but I figured it shouldn't be too different. If everyone already has the full auto windows feature, I apologize for the annoying thread. Thanks.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
43 Posts
My SX only has auto up on the driver side. Always wondered why this wasn't standard until recently.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
My EX has auto up and auto down.

i dont know if this helps.

If the battery has been discharged or disconnected, the automatic power window system must be reset as follows: 1. Turn the ignition key to ON position.

2. Close driver’s window and continue pulling up on driver’s power window switch for at least 2~3 seconds after the window is completely closed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Censu, what do u mean by battery discharge? Just plugging off the driver's window panel? Cause I did that when I installed different leather for side doors. While i didnt reset anything, i think the auto down was default setting.
I apologize if my questions is pretty dumb, I have no experience in mods.

Thanks for the web instruction bluntman, but I couldn't understand how to complete the installation since its not in English.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
978 Posts
Censu, what do u mean by battery discharge? Just plugging off the driver's window panel? Cause I did that when I installed different leather for side doors. While i didnt reset anything, i think the auto down was default setting.
I apologize if my questions is pretty dumb, I have no experience in mods.

Thanks for the web instruction bluntman, but I couldn't understand how to complete the installation since its not in English.
It's not an instruction, it's a link to a relay that you need to install that does what you are looking for. By discharging the battery, I believe Censu basically means disconnecting the negative battery cable.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage EX 1.7cc Diesel - Manual transmission
154 Posts
discharging the battery means that there would no charge in battery same as disconnecting it, just as you said it bluntman thanks.

Pondin
did you have auto up and down before unplugging the connectors? i dont know if there is different setups for power windows regarding the sportage in different countries but as i said mine has auto up and down, when i press or push once the drivers side window it goes up or down automatically.
if you had it before you may need to reset. can you check the owners manual if it says that it has?

·
Registered
Kia Sportage 2.0 AWD CRDi 135kw/184hp
121 Posts
I have auto up/down on driver's side. Any ideas how to mod the passenger side to have it too?

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX
177 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi censu, to clear things up, I only have "auto down" to begin with. As I suspected pretty much everyone in this forum dont have to deal with this. It's really frustrating to have a nice car like this with only auto down feature. Even cars with half this price has full auto driver.
The windows relay specified that the driver window must be able to go auto up and down. Obviously is not a good match for my car.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
978 Posts
The windows relay specified that the driver window must be able to go auto up and down. Obviously is not a good match for my car.
Just guessing, but it might be a matter of installing a driver's side panel from a region that has the auto-up/auto-down feature.

·
Registered
1.7 CRDI sand track
540 Posts
I am curious how this works,how does it make the non auto up/down buttons to function as auto up/down? Since they only have one position? And will the passenger buttons work auto up/down also? How about rear?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to give you a picture of what my auto down window looks like.

I had the same thoughts as you Slovakia. I am asking Korean automotiveappleapro on this, not sure if he/she has any idea as I am convinced that Korean version is most likely auto up/down.

Will get back to you with answers (if any).

Attachments

·
Registered
2012 Sportage LX
177 Posts
I am curious how this works,how does it make the non auto up/down buttons to function as auto up/down? Since they only have one position? And will the passenger buttons work auto up/down also? How about rear?
I would consult Shark Racing with that. I do know that it is one piece that goes into the driver door panel and you need to tap one or two wires for constant power.

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
978 Posts
Just to give you a picture of what my auto down window looks like.

I had the same thoughts as you Slovakia. I am asking Korean automotiveappleapro on this, not sure if he/she has any idea as I am convinced that Korean version is most likely auto up/down.

Will get back to you with answers (if any).
I have the Korean window control panel installed on mine (because it also includes the switch to fold the outside mirrors) and, yes, it has a driver side one touch auto up and auto down feature.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I just remembered one of the problem with buying korea's parts. Like in Aussie, you both the drive in the left side. Mine is on the right side. That's why the auto switch is on the right top corner as you can see from my pic :(

I guess I have to find other alternatives. Dammit. Just when I got excited that I will be able to find a quick solution for this thing.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bluntman, are you saying ur car initially didn't have the folding mirror feature and with just the additional window panel switch, it's simply plug and play and u have ur self a folding mirror?

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
978 Posts
Bluntman, are you saying ur car initially didn't have the folding mirror feature and with just the additional window panel switch, it's simply plug and play and u have ur self a folding mirror?
That's the thing, the one touch auto-up and down driver's side window was already standard on my Sportage, even with the North American window switch. My guess was that the ability to have a one touch auto-up and down was dependent on the switch panel that was installed.

The stock mirrors didn't include the folding motor, so I had to buy a pair of those too. Unfortunately, adding the folding mirrors wasn't "plug and play", after installing the mirrors and the switch I had to bring my Sportage into a shop (where they installed car stereos and car alarms and starters) to have the mirrors wired up to the switch.

I just remembered one of the problem with buying korea's parts. Like in Aussie, you both the drive in the left side. Mine is on the right side. That's why the auto switch is on the right top corner as you can see from my pic :(

I guess I have to find other alternatives. Dammit. Just when I got excited that I will be able to find a quick solution for this thing.
Maybe some members in the UK can help you out?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts