Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. Newbie to this forum, but have been a KIA owner since 2003. I purchased a 2003 Sorento EX when it first came out in the USA and loved it. Because of a change in careers and needing better gas mileage, I traded it for a 2004 Optima EX V6. Now, I am changing careers again and want to get back in a Sorento. I am looking at the Sorento EX again and noticed that for 2005 there is an option for automatically starting the engine with the key fob. I searched through this forum and did not notice an entry about this. Does anyone have this option and does it work properly?

Thnks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have this option on my 2005 EX but use it very little. With this option you lose the ability to open the rear hatch using the fob because the button for starting replaces the rear hatch release button. My 2005 LX doesn't have the auto start but does have the button for opening the rear hatch which I think is more useful than starting. My wife agrees and would rather be able to open the hatch especially with a buggy full of groceries.

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I have a 04 Sorento LX. I had an aftermarket remote starter installed in it. I did loose the rear hatch button too. I think it was well worth the loss to get the remote starter. My new remote has the panic button, starter button, lock and unlock button. Not sure how much distance the stock remote starter has on it. jav389 can you start it from pretty far from the vehicle? There is nothing worse than having to pretty much stand on top of the vehicle to start it. I have a 1000 foot range with my aftermarket one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2005 LX 4x4 with an aftermarket starter too. I had the option to configure all the same functionality of the orginal keyless remote on the replacement 5 button starter remote and opted to include everything except the panic button (I can always get them to add this later). I went with a 'deluxe' model of remote starter - so it has a range of 2500 ft.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Like I said, i don't use the auto start. But playing with it, it seems to work from a few hundred feet away. I can start it from within the house so that's about all the distance I care about.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts