Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the Sorento literature (and on our forum) I read about the "auto sports mode".

Is this "auto sports mode" the same thing as the manual (+/-) on the auto panel.

On other makes this manual shift feature is often called tiptronic or command shift etc.

So the question is - does the auto Sorento have tiptronic ?

Jeff

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The 5 speed 'H-matic' box has been available in the UK models for about a year.
In drive, all is normal, push lever to left, and you get a 'tiptronic' style up and down flick action on the lever, and a display lights up on dash indicating which gear your in.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes thats it, However 05 sorrento "sport" transmissions use a special Tranny Fluid so dont go putting dexcon or spIII in it youll burn it out mighty quick

·
Registered
17 Posts
Originally posted by Ilan@Feb 4 2005, 11:13 AM
Murph, you mean push lever to the right :)

The UK drive on the left hence the push of the gear lever to the left to engage tiptronic settings - as the steering is on the right, which is the right way to drive, I mean left way or right?? Oh, you get the drift!!! Rightio - Damn, Leftio..... :D

Just a useless tidbit of info - sorry to go off-track:
The origin of the rule of the road dates back to how people travelled in violent feudal societies. As most people are right handed it made sense to carry any protective weapon in this hand. When passing a stranger on the road, it would be safer to walk on the left, so ensuring that your weapon was between yourself and a possible opponent. Jousting knights would hold their lances in their right hand, therefore passing on each others' left.

·
Registered
153 Posts
S.O.

Thanks for the info. I always wondered by why the British choose to drive on the wrong side of the road :D

My country also was a British colony but the driving side was corrected when they left.

·
Registered
23 Posts
In South Africa, a former British colony, we also drive on the left, which is the right side to drive. Everyone else drives on the wrong side, being the right side. I think? Just kidding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts