Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
my ceed will lock all the doors as normal when you start to drive off but when you come to a stop she will not unlock as the manual states.she has always done this since i bought her so Im not sure if this is due to manual override or if its a fault.has this happened to anyone else and dose anyone.the warrenty is no longer valid as the preveuis owner dident keep up the services.any help is greatly appriecated.
08 Ceed ls 1.6 CRDI estate.

·
Registered
09 Pro-Ceed 1.4 ZR7
346 Posts
On mine the passenger door will remain locked unless i either open the drivers door first or the passenger door will need two pulls of the lever if inside, outside it will remain locked until the drivers door is opened or the button on the dashboard is pushed to unlock.

Just a quirk of the car i think.

·
Registered
Kia Cee'd Sportswagon GT-line 1.6 CRDi (134bhp) Automatic 7spd-DCT
280 Posts
Hi all.
my ceed will lock all the doors as normal when you start to drive off but when you come to a stop she will not unlock as the manual states.she has always done this since i bought her so Im not sure if this is due to manual override or if its a fault.has this happened to anyone else and dose anyone.the warrenty is no longer valid as the preveuis owner dident keep up the services.any help is greatly appriecated.
08 Ceed ls 1.6 CRDI estate.
No, not a fault. A Kia safety feature for city dwellers. Page 3-8 in the drivers' handbook refers. The doors only unlock automatically when you stop; a) if you have crashed or b) if you have switched off and taken the ignition key out. I found it really annoying when stopping, going to get something out of the back and finding it still locked.

As AyJay quite correctly says, 2 pulls on the front passenger door handle also releases that door. I eventually got my wife trained to push the button, rather than tugging at the door handle.

The system is fine if you live in a city and frequently stop at lights or a roundabouts with a few dodgy characters about.

I live in a rural area and have disabled the system on my new Sportswagon, until I need it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mine dose the same in the front passenger door but what i didnt explain very well is that the back doors will not unlock after pulling the key out of the ignition.is this the same with all ceeds?
also Adriano.how did you disabled the system on your sportswagon?

·
Registered
280 Posts
mine dose the same in the front passenger door but what i didnt explain very well is that the back doors will not unlock after pulling the key out of the ignition.is this the same with all ceeds?
also Adriano.how did you disabled the system on your sportswagon?
My first Cee'd was a SW LS CRDi and over 2 years I didn't have any problem with the back doors operating differently to the others, or the tailgate.

A Kia dealer can disable the system for you. FOC if you're lucky.

My Sportwagon has 'User Settings' in the onboard computer. You can choose how to configure your car. I'm trying 'Sport' mode on the steering today, after 2000 miles of 'Normal'. I'm not sure that I'll notice much difference.

The door locking system choice is shown in the photo's.

Attachments

·
Registered
RIP :( 2010 Pro_Cee'd - Infra Red 2
863 Posts
That's pretty damn sweet Adriano !!
Is that a new style ceed sw, or last spec?

·
Registered
280 Posts
That's pretty damn sweet Adriano !!
Is that a new style ceed sw, or last spec?
Thanks Dubster. It's the new 2013 Sportswagon which was launched in mid-September last year. I got mine at the end of October; my 3rd new SW in 5 years :D

WHAT CAR magazine awards for Best Cars of 2013 have honoured both the Cee'd Hatchback and Sportwagon in different catagories. The Sportwagon was the best cheap estate car, with the Mondeo and BMW in the more expensive departments.

I attach some pics of the love of my life:

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts