Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Despie having very steamy windows at times, my auto defogging never seems to kick in and I end up demisting manually. Does anyone else have this problem. I stay in the uk if that makes any difference. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers guys and gals.

·
Registered
'11 Optima EX 2.4L GDI Automatic
330 Posts
This must be a regional or 2012 feature, my 2011 does not have an auto defogger.

·
Registered
Titanium 2013 Soul 4U 2.4 Litre Coupe Mantronic Transmission Back Up Camera & UVO
94 Posts
Auto Defogging, what do you mean??? Rear or front window?

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
I think OP is asking about the Auto climate control on such equipped Optimas. I tend to just do it manual for anything other than the AC and even with that I adjust it before "auto" adjusts it most of the time.

·
Registered
2014 Optima SXL
92 Posts
when set on auto, my system selects the right mode to defog the windows, whether inside or outside. I only have to manually push the rear defogger.

·
Registered
2011 Optima SX, Tech & Premium Touring
570 Posts
How does it know to use the defroster vs. other vents?

·
Registered
2014 Optima SXL
92 Posts
there's got to be a humidity sensor that monitors the fog. the icon show both window and feet air. Then it switches to feet only once the windows are clear.

Btw, we're talking about defogger, not defroster that melts the ice off the rear window. Thats pretty streight forward. You see ice, you push button.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts