Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2019 Kia Sportage. If I have the auto climate control on it works fine. If I click to just have it on my feet and turn auto control off it'll go on my feet for 5 seconds and then go back to the auto windshield defrost. Even if the auto climate control button is not on. Is there a fix? Anybody else have this happen to them?

·
Registered
2017 Kia Sportage
957 Posts
So I have a 2019 Kia Sportage. If I have the auto climate control on it works fine. If I click to just have it on my feet and turn auto control off it'll go on my feet for 5 seconds and then go back to the auto windshield defrost. Even if the auto climate control button is not on. Is there a fix? Anybody else have this happen to them?
When you click it on just your feet, it automatically turns "Auto" off. When you then hit the "Auto" button, you're turning it back on. At least that's how it works on my car.....

·
Registered
2013 LX & 2020 EX KIA Sportages
53 Posts
Agree with rvoll. Just went out and tried our 2020 Sportage and if you push the feet button it goes and stays there. Tried the way you explain and it goes back to defrost. Don't push Auto climate control, just feet button. If that don't work a 2019 should be under warranty ?

·
Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
556 Posts
The auto defog system is determining that it needs to blow on the windshield. To disable auto defog. Press and hold down the front defrost button for three seconds. This will deactivate the auto defog logic.

Kia has a patented system with a sensor (near the rearview mirror) which measures the windshield and determines if the temperature and humidity is near the dewpoint. I haven’t had trouble with this, but others on the Sorento forum have.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Kia has a patented system with a sensor (near the rearview mirror) which measures the windshield and determines if the temperature and humidity is near the dewpoint. I haven’t had trouble with this, but others on the Sorento forum have.
Damn Kia, you can patent a sensor that detects frost but can't make a knock sensor system that doesn't fail repeatedly?? I want the defrost guy building knock sensors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts