Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

I have just bought a brand new Rio 3, and I was playing with the air con to test it out.

With the outside temperature being about 13 degrees, I turned the the ac temperature dial to Hi, which must be about 30 degrees, and set the Auto mode.

I expected the fan to come on, and hot air to come blasting out of some of the vents, either windscreen, feet or face.

But the fan did not come on at all, or at least not enough that I could hear it. I think that the car did start to get warmer, but not as quickly as I was expecting. The display just showed Auto and AC, and the selected temperature, with nothing to indicate the fan, or the destination vents.

Would the fan normally come on in Auto mode? It did when I turned the fan dial, setting that part of the system to manual, so I know the fan itself is working. Perhaps it only comes on when the engine has warmed up enough to provide the heated air the ac needs, or perhaps the Auto system just doesn't use it at all.

Never had an auto ac before, so I have nothing to compare this with, and I just wanted to check that everything is working as it should.

Thanks

·
Registered
2020 Kia Sorento EX+
412 Posts
Fan won't start blasting till the car thinks it can actually put out some hot air, give it a few minutes to warm up and see if the fan spins up then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that. I have since been on a longer drive and the fan did eventually start up a bit, but still didn't blast it out before I was getting so hot I had to turn it off! So that would suggest it was working! :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
After owning my Rio for 6mos now, I definitely know I'll NEVER have to worry about getting cold in this car. The ventilation system is like a convection oven. Thus, its problem is more about staying cool in warmer times. The cold air ventilation (non-AC) on the Rio is USELESS!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts