Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
kia soul ls 2012
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I enquired from Kia Australia why I didn't see many Kia Souls on the road and received the following e mail in response on 17/6/2012

Thank you for contacting Kia Motors Australia.

The Kia Soul is a very low volume model for this market, Kia Motors Australia have a production allocation of between 35 and 40 cars nationally a month. All Soul models entering the country are pre-allocated to kia dealers who have placed an order on the forward ordering system and there is very little free stock if any.

my question to my "soul mates" is this >>> is some one more likely to buy a rare vehicle with the remainder of a warranty or shy away from a rare veichle if there is no warranty left
obviously the answer would influence when and how I dispose of my beloved kia soul at some time in the futur

·
Registered
Soul Plus 2012
49 Posts
Hi ,purchased mine in Feb 2012[ Soul plus], dealer said next big seller in Aus, he was a Canadian and quoting the sales in the North Americas, as I live in Melbourne I am disappointed that I have seen 1 other Soul, RACV will not insure these cars for anywhere near their cost. Mines sitting in the garage with under 3000kis on the speedo. Resale value is rubbish, staff member at the dealership I purchased it from suggested I drive it till it drops. Regards Peter

·
Registered
kia soul ls 2012
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi
try Youi insurance . I have mine insured through them at agreed value including after sales extras for $24k and at a reasonable premium
the staff at your dealership didn't do themselves any favours with their comments EH?

ill be moving along from mine between 2 and 3 years and if the resale is as poor as you predict obviously I wont be going near another kia of any model
by the way if all the other soul owners are parking them in garages maybe that's just another reason there's not many driving around
regards george

1 - 3 of 3 Posts