Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I just attempted to change my cabin air filter as it seems so easy as per the YouTube videos i have seen.

However, when getting to the stage of actually taking the cover off the air filter, there is a plastic bit stopping me from fully opening the cover off.

I unhook the cover and cannot open it more then 2 cm (half and inch) before a plastic bit from the glove box area is restricting me from opening it.

From the videos i have watched, which were all US models, you can just unhook the air filter lid and open it to pull out the filter, but there is plastic in the way therefore not allowing me to open the lid.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
KIA's 2000 Carnival, 2008 Magentis, 2005 Optima
561 Posts
Hi all,

I just attempted to change my cabin air filter as it seems so easy as per the YouTube videos i have seen.

However, when getting to the stage of actually taking the cover off the air filter, there is a plastic bit stopping me from fully opening the cover off.

I unhook the cover and cannot open it more then 2 cm (half and inch) before a plastic bit from the glove box area is restricting me from opening it.

From the videos i have watched, which were all US models, you can just unhook the air filter lid and open it to pull out the filter, but there is plastic in the way therefore not allowing me to open the lid.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

A pic would be handy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts