Kia Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
I certainly remember many more attempts of your logic failing than Multinational Military action loosing.

Your comment "Pull out now and save some lives." shows your ignorance.

You are overruled...
Learn how to spell before accusing others of ignorance. Hard to believe this post is from a "Moderator". Whatever happened to the free interchange of ideas?

I am not a pacifist, neither am I alone in my estimation of the situation.

·
Registered
Black 2007 Spectra EX, 19.2mm Tib rear bar.
70 Posts
Every death, maiming, and major emotional trauma is a tragedy. In this case, it didn't need to happen.

Seven tours is IMO six too many in a war that's spun out of control.

I consider Iraq as Vietnam II and Afghanistan is Vietnam III.

You start sending members of Congress, the White House staff and POTUS's family, and immediate family members of same out there in the lead elements, to have a tour as long as everyone else's, and see how long these undeclared wars of choice that we never win, last.

You declare war, state your objective, and achieve it. Or you leave it alone, perhaps send in some SF elements but otherwise all you're doing is pissing off some 10th Century warlords who have nothing else to do but ply the trade they've known since childhood.

Korea was a half-assed effort. Too bad Patton wasn't around to run that one, we'd have backed the Chinese and Russkies off or shown them the consequences.
Vietnam made rules of engagement, no more war booty, and a dozen other modern "polite society" stupidities which tie our troops' hands while the old fat guys in DC make big brave speeches about what great warriors they are, the law of war, as fought by the King's Rules.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,912 Posts
How much time did it take to find my mis-typed word?

Is that all you got when confronted by others on your philosophy of what works and what doesn't? ... you come up with "one word" mis-spelled...

Other posters have shown EXAMPLES of what happens when you do nothing.

Where is your EXAMPLES of how pulling out of a military action solved anything?
You can't even logically see that many more lives would be lost if we did nothing...like you suggest we do.

You are like them...we can't reason with you or them... You have no answers when confronted with a problem like this... ONLY... pull out and wait for them to come after you and your way of life.

As for "Whatever happened to the free interchange of ideas?"
You have expressed yours and have overwhelmingly been countered by others with examples of why your ways haven't worked. You can't sit on your A#@ and pretend it's not happening then and expect the "problem" to go away... It just won't work.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts

You start sending members of Congress, the White House staff and POTUS's family, and immediate family members of same out there in the lead elements, to have a tour as long as everyone else's, and see how long these undeclared wars of choice will last.

You declare war, state your objective, and achieve it. Or you leave it alone, perhaps send in some SF elements but otherwise all you're doing is pissing off some 10th Century warlords who have nothing else to do but ply the trade they've known since childhood.
Well said. I recall a survey taken during the Iraq war which revealed no involvement by the families of Congress members.

Unlike Vietnam, you can't even "declare victory" in Afghanistan.

·
Registered
2012 Cerato/Forte Hatch SI
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
How does the sentencing of those terrorists compare to those caught carrying drugs? - If I recall correctly they got light sentences compared to those caught with drugs.
They got the Death penalty, mate!!! I suppose that is a light sentence if you believe in the hereafter!!!

Bali bombers defiant to the end as executed by firing squad in Indonesia

Some of the underlings got 20 years in prison!!!

I must apologize, in an earlier post I said that several hundred Australians were killed when in fact the figures are 202 people killed of which 88 were Australians!!!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Every death, maiming, and major emotional trauma is a tragedy. In this case, it didn't need to happen.

Seven tours is IMO six too many in a war that's spun out of control.
Yep, I agree, Australia asks too much from it's small army!!
Iraq and Vietnam, in my opinion should have been left to sort out their internal problems. afghanistan on the other hand is a different kettle of fish, it is a breeding ground for Fanatics!!
You start sending members of Congress, the White House staff and POTUS's family, and immediate family members of same out there in the lead elements, to have a tour as long as everyone else's, and see how long these undeclared wars of choice that we never win, last.
Sadly, you are correct in my opinion, it is always the "working classes" who have to carry the burden.

Unfortunately the day of the "declared war" is over. Vietnam was the start of the situation whereby the farmers in the field would wave at out soldiers during the day and change into their black 'pyjama suits" of a night as the viet cong and attack out soldiers.

Korea was a half-assed effort. Too bad Patton wasn't around to run that one, we'd have backed the Chinese and Russkies off or shown them the consequences.

Gen. Patton was a very good tank commander in WW2 who learnt a lot of his strategies from the German Gen. Rommel who was brilliant in tank warfare, he was illrelevant to Korea. However Gen McCarthur wanted to use Nuclear weapons against the Chinese and was prevented to do so by the Pres. Eisenhower.
Vietnam made rules of engagement, no more war booty, and a dozen other modern "polite society" stupidities which tie our troops' hands while the old fat guys in DC make big brave speeches about what great warriors they are, the law of war, as fought by the King's Rules.
Yep, I agree, the politicians are the one's who send people to war and then make great speeches.

Oh, by the way, another poster here has been pedantic about spelling on this Thread, I will put my hand up as I have spelled Terrorist as Terroist in previous posts, sorry about that!!:D:D

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Oh, by the way, another poster here has been pedantic about spelling on this Thread, I will put my hand up as I have spelled Terrorist as Terroist in previous posts, sorry about that!

The English tried it in the late 1800's, the Russians tried it in the 1980's and now the Americans are there along with the British and our troups.:( It's a situation where you have to stop terroism which because of certain religious beliefs and other reasons started in these areas.
-Only let you get away with it because you're an Aussie. :)
If you want pedantry, decades should be 1800s without the apostrophe.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
Eh??????????????????:confused: Have to disagree, but anyrate, it's irrelevant as the Thread is about losing our soldiers.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Hyundai Palisades
2,971 Posts
Eh??????????????????:confused: Have to disagree, but anyrate, it's irrelevant as the Thread is about losing our soldiers.
+1 its about losing our soldiers who gave the ultimate sacrifice not because they were made too but did so freely RIP my brothers. Simper-FI

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Eh??????????????????:confused: Have to disagree [about the apostrophe in numbers], but anyrate, it's irrelevant as the Thread is about losing our soldiers.
Apostrophe (’) - Oxford Dictionaries Online

I might not know anything about warfare, and only a little bit more about cars, but don't try to tell me about English usage. I've done a fair bit of editing and academic publication in my time.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts