Kia Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:angry: After only 4 months and 5000 miles my gear box needs replacing.
The pipe that connects the gear box to the raditor, split under pressure releasing 2.5li of gear box oil.

Kia, are not helpful and cannot understand why the pressure built up and caused the pipe to split. Answer "you need a new gear box "

Do you have an answer or have had a similar problem ?????, if so let me know

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi,

Not sure if yours would have been one of the one's requiring the oil pipes and clips to be replaced, KIA have had a warranty recall check/replace in operation on these recently.

If this had been overlooked by your supplying dealer it may be worth getting your vehicle checked again for other recall issues such as alternator pulley, ECU harness etc.

Mine had this work done plus the auto box replaced in December '04. as part of a Safety recall from KIA.

KIA should be prepared to replace the box under warranty if it is down to a defective part/workmanship, so apart from the inconvenience incurred at the time of the failure you shouldn't have any problem getting it fixed.
If you do! get on to KIA customer services, as I have found them to be very keen to avoid any bad publicity that may result from these situations.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
There was a recall for the auto trans cooler clips, just prior to the auto box replacement recall, are you sure the pipe actually split? and not just the 'hot' line hose coming detached?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.