Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Kia Rio, 2013 Kia Rio SX Premium, 2013 Kia Soul
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Im putting together a Kia meet with a cruise down to a bigger meet!

Date is August 3rd 2013

As with my July meet this is free! Again for whatever reason the site mods thought I was advertising...it's free, nothing I go to costs.

The Ice cream Cruise is by far the biggest car meet around, last year they had close to 1800 if not 2000+ cars attend and way more spectators!

The plan is to meet at the usual location (Everett Park in Bellevue, NE)
in the morning by 10am.

Then once every one arrives we will cruise down to the main event (straight down the road) as a group and park together.

usually at the end of the ice cream cruise they all head down to MAM (Mid America Motorplex) and run the drag strip/road course

If you are interested or want more info please feel free to post up here, PM me or join the facebook event.

My facebook event:
Click me :)

Ice Cream Cruise facebook Event:
Click Me :)

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
adjustments!

OK! so they finally released a start time! 1PM!

what does that mean?
that means we will meet up NO later than 12pm that day and leave the park by 12:15 to get a good spot. if your not there by then or have to come later please inform me ASAP! that way we can try and save you a spot!

I will arrive at the park around 10:30-11AM for the early birds :) im also going to try and bring a cooler and soda/water as well but feel free to bring refreshments! ill have a cooler with ice :)

Then main event goes until 9pm, then they have an hour cruise to MAM (Mid America motorplex) where from 10pm-2AM they race the track down there.

Ill release more info as i get it! 3 weeks away!!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK!

In preparation for this event I am gathering a head count so we can reserve enough parking for all the cars!
There has been a time change to 3pm instead of 1pm but we are still meeting at the park NO LATER than 12NOON to make sure our cars are in tip top shape! We will run to my place and clean up the cars if needed then at about 2:30 cruise down to the location.

IF you cannot make it to the park by 12/my house by 2:30 you can meet us at the event (about 12800 HWY 370 Papillion NE)
It is in the ball park parking lot.

For those of you who contact me with 100% sure for attendance and can’t make it early I will have a spot reserved for you when you get there! PM me for my phone # so you can call when you arrive and we can guide you too us :) otherwise those who may not be able to come if you think you may be able to, PM me too and then call me day of to confirm your coming or not. Though I cannot guarantee a spot next to the main group :/

PLEASE CONTACT ME if you plan on going, and what time you will be there. I need a head count by Friday to be 100% on making sure I reserve spots (and im buying drinks too, soda and whatnot)

And also if it is raining the rain day is the 4th but I (most likely) will not be able to attend until like 6pm so if by chance it gets rained out (let’s hope not!!) I will have a contingency plan ready to contact people and will have another upper level member of the chapter ready to help out at 12 noon :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ICC 2013 photos!

Well first off sorry for the late post, I had my first child on august 13th! A beautiful baby girl :) so ive been super preoccupied with her these past few weeks after the meet…but here we go! Finally ICC 2013 pictures!!

We had about 9 members show (the most at one time was 6 due to conflicting work schedules) so some shots may seem redundant but that’s because someone left and someone else came in, and so on…

Also some of the forums I am on require only 4 photos per post so some threads may have multiple posts (ill try and keep them to a minimum though)

At this years ICC there was an estimated 6000+ visitors and 3000+ cars!! We had a smashing spot right in the center of it all directly behind the sound stage :D we are the cars in the red circle in this areal shot:

We WILL be attending next years and showing stronger support including possibly being a car club sponsor if we can round up enough cash :)

Here is also a link to the official 2013 ICC video by none other than the host’s! 1320 video! Our chapter can be seen in the background around 12:40-12:50ish:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On to photos!!
First our new chapter banner for use at future meets and events and such :)

and now show photos!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

The Kias who went to the race afterwards