Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
USA 2016 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I searched and couldn't find this answer. I have the Uvo system in my 2016 Sorento LX. Of course, this model does not support Android Auto or Apple car play. It took me a few days to understand that fact, and I still don't believe that the head unit can't be re-imaged...
Anyway, I use my Google maps with audio enabled. I really want it to interrupt the audio (like a phone call or txt message does) when the Google map voice gives turn-by-turn directions. It's an Android S9+ and it is paired with the vehicle. It does not broadcast that particular audio in my vehicle. Is there a setting I'm missing? Or, maybe I can't listen to the SiriusXM between the audio navigation?

Thanks, I'm sure one of you pro's can help me out.

Thom

Registered
2019 Sorento
I believe that would be in the audio settings for your phone. You should be able to set permissions for which audio it sends over the vehicle speakers.

Registered
USA 2016 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter #3
I believe that would be in the audio settings for your phone. You should be able to set permissions for which audio it sends over the vehicle speakers.
Thanks, I'll look at that. But, it does send music by Bluetooth.

Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0T
In google maps, hamburger (three lines top left), settings, navigation settings, there is a toggle to "play voice over bluetooth". However, I believe you must be using your phone to play whatever media you are currently listening to in order for it to go through the car stereo. I personally have this setting off so that it will play through the phone speakers even if I am using FM or siriusxm.

Registered
2019 Sorento LX AWD 2.4L w/ Convenience Package, 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SE-AWC
It only works if you are listening to bluetooth music on your Uvo. If listening to radio or CD it won鈥檛 interrupt.

The phone is using the 鈥淏luetooth music鈥 channel and not the 鈥減hone audio鈥 channel

Registered
USA 2016 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, unlike a phone call or a text message, the Google navigation voice will not override your current listening (unless it's bluetooth audio from a phone). From what I've seen, you have to have it on media. Then it will broadcast the turn-by-turn audio navigation. Uvo is a really weak environment with very little adjustments to personalize.

Registered
2016 Sorento EX 2.0 tGDI AWD
i use this all the time, i used google maps, apple maps and waze and it "calls" me to give me the next turn regardless of what input my stereo is in. i could be on USB, Siriux or radio and it will go. if playing musing over bluetooth then your phone realizes that and plays it anyways. Just make sure the "play over bluetooth" and if it's there a "Play as bluetooth phone call" is selected. Google Maps and Waze have those options. Apple maps has recently dropped that, then again, it does give me clues over my apple watch. I don't use apple maps for that reason, normally it is Waze, but sometimes i'll use google maps.

This is NOT based on the UVO, it's settings in the app.

Registered
USA 2016 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter #8
i use this all the time, i used google maps, apple maps and waze and it "calls" me to give me the next turn regardless of what input my stereo is in. i could be on USB, Siriux or radio and it will go. if playing musing over bluetooth then your phone realizes that and plays it anyways. Just make sure the "play over bluetooth" and if it's there a "Play as bluetooth phone call" is selected. Google Maps and Waze have those options. Apple maps has recently dropped that, then again, it does give me clues over my apple watch. I don't use apple maps for that reason, normally it is Waze, but sometimes i'll use google maps.

This is NOT based on the UVO, it's settings in the app.
Great, I'll look today and see if that setting is available on my Android phone. I can always play SiriusXM on my phone with the app - over blue-tooth if your idea doesn't work.
Thanks.

Registered
USA 2016 Kia Sorento
Discussion Starter #9
Great, I'll look today and see if that setting is available on my Android phone. I can always play SiriusXM on my phone with the app - over blue-tooth if your idea doesn't work.
Thanks.
Yea, I have to use the XM app and then I get the navigational voice from google maps. I use a Samsung S9, and don't have Android auto. Not available on this Uvo system.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts